Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STILL no signings. Anyone getting nervous?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Typical Brighton - just 4 weeks to go until pre-season and NO SIGN of any new players. With Bennett and Murray all but gone, Calderon CLEARLY out of his depth defensively and El Abd crocked, we'll be relegated by Christmas at this rate!

typical brighton - just 4 weeks to go until pre-season and no sign of any new players. With bennett and murray all but gone, calderon clearly out of his depth defensively and el abd crocked, we'll be relegated by christmas at this rate!

BLOOM OUT. :guitar:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
While this is clearly a thread of mockery (with one bite already!!) it does actually highlight that there's a LOT of hugely important work to be done this summer if we're going to a) stay up, and b) challenge in the top half of the table. Just as well the summer is quite long!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The problem is, especially with the new rules for the Premier League on squad numbers, that many clubs will leave it quite late to sell to get the best offer, and for the Prem clubs (unless the player is under 21(?) ) they will want to wait until they have their full squad decided to send off their fringe players.

In particular, if we are going to get Lua Lua I expect it will be a late one. If we manage to sign him on a permanent, there may well be a fair bit of competition for his signature and the negotiating could go on for some time. If we take him on loan, just like for this season I expect things won't be sorted out too early as Pardew will want to make sure he's got the appropriate cover first.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think come August 6th. (7th?), we will have a well-honed, tough as teak, unbreakdownable, all guns blazing, ready for the off, step up to the plate, in with a shout, onward and upward, squad :thumbsup:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It's the 18th of MAY :facepalm:

So it is.......but if Bloom and Poyet don't pull their fingers out, get off the beach and switch their phones on, fan opinion will rapidly change when we're in a relegation dogfight in September, with all the JCL STH cancelling their direct debits. Gus might just find himself applying for other jobs sooner than he thinks!

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The problem is, especially with the new rules for the Premier League on squad numbers, that many clubs will leave it quite late to sell to get the best offer, and for the Prem clubs (unless the player is under 21(?) ) they will want to wait until they have their full squad decided to send off their fringe players.

In particular, if we are going to get Lua Lua I expect it will be a late one. If we manage to sign him on a permanent, there may well be a fair bit of competition for his signature and the negotiating could go on for some time. If we take him on loan, just like for this season I expect things won't be sorted out too early as Pardew will want to make sure he's got the appropriate cover first.

Always an excuse isn't there? Are you that potless pillock Dick Tight in disguise?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So it is.......but if Bloom and Poyet don't pull their fingers out, get off the beach and switch their phones on, fan opinion will rapidly change when we're in a relegation dogfight in September, with all the JCL STH cancelling their direct debits. Gus might just find himself applying for other jobs sooner than he thinks!

Do you actually believe what you have posted there? Pretty sure that gus will already have a thorough list of players he has been watching and identified as targets, as well as "keeping his phone on" tbh. Pretty sure Tony bloom has somewhat more of a clue than all of us on NSC what he's doing :lolol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
im so nervous i have shit the bed 4 times

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Gus looked relaxed yesterday.

The likes of LFC, CFC, Manure haven't revealed what they're up to yet.

Gus and Bloom will be working on this like never before, but no point letting rivals aware of your moves until players have signed on the dotted line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here