Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What revolution??? Playing possession football with Lewis Dunk having the most passes?? What a joke!

Oh dear here come the Hughton boys.

He’s gone, the club has moved on. He’s a legend but let it go and give Potter a chance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would like to think the recruitment team, Dan Ashworth and Graham Potter know a bit more about a defenders abilities than you....

Inherently, buying is risky, unless you’re able to buy ready made stars such as Mane or Hazard.

Despite our scouting and vast analytical team, we still make howlers .... Locadia and most likely Jahanbakhsh.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
IF we do get relegated, which I hope we avoid, I would like to think that TB and PB would realise that for all the praise that he gets the team with him in charge cannot defend. I do not think that he would take us back up. He spent £20m+ on a defender who cannot defend, that is not the way forward.

you did note that our back 4 lacked pace and that we should therefore bring duffy back in :moo:,

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
IF we do get relegated, which I hope we avoid, I would like to think that TB and PB would realise that for all the praise that he gets the team with him in charge cannot defend. I do not think that he would take us back up. He spent £20m+ on a defender who cannot defend, that is not the way forward.
Agree. His football is very nice to watch but until he learns / decides to focus on the more pragmatic parts of the game the end result is going to be unsuccessful. Without the ability to grind out results there is no guarantee of bouncing back from the Championship.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
you did note that our back lacked pace and that we should therefore bring duffy back in :moo:,

Note the excessive amount of overcompensating 'we' in the aftermath of a Spurs game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Delusional!

You are a very curious person. Tempted to block you because you're such a prat, but looking forward to revisiting your angry, self-satisfied posts at the end of the season and rubbing your nose in it (whilst fully expecting you to trot out a string of "Hughton would have done better, should have hot more points, got lucky cos of the team below us" sh1t).

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Absolutely still keeping the faith, but we really need to start winning the 'easy' home games, starting this Saturday.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It was hard to bring me away from the Hughton-in club but the more I watch us, the more I love the football we play. We were excellent for large parts of today. Our biggest problem at the moment is our inability to defend. Palace attacked for 5 minutes and scored, Spurs had two chances and scored from them.

Bournemouth is the big one. We need to regain home form and 3 points against the imposters will keep us right on track.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s a tale of stupid mistakes Webster kicks the ball comes of Dale in the path of Kane, do we ever get a break like that do we f.uck.
On the other hand Potter needs some better players tactics are normally spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
who would you suggest should be brought in to replace GP?
Nobody to replace him at the moment but perhaps he should chose to employ a defensive coach to organise the back four. I know that he is no longer alive but somebody in the likes of Don Howe or even an ex defender with great experience like Ashley Cole or Martin Keown.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was hard to bring me away from the Hughton-in club but the more I watch us, the more I love the football we play. We were excellent for large parts of today. Our biggest problem at the moment is our inability to defend. Palace attacked for 5 minutes and scored, Spurs had two chances and scored from them.

Bournemouth is the big one. We need to regain home form and 3 points against the imposters will keep us right on track.

I don’t think so. Our problem is not scoring enough from loads of possession and some decent chances. Defensively we’re not much different to last season. We need more nouse and physical presence up front (kind of Murray minus 5-7 years) to support Maupay and Connolly, and a bit more ooomph in central midfield (Alzate and Bissouma fill me with hope, along with MacAllister perhaps). Another season and a couple of transfer windows and Gpott will have this sorted. My Spuds STH pals couldn’t believe we were the same team that stuck 11 behind the ball last season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nobody to replace him at the moment but perhaps he should chose to employ a defensive coach to organise the back four. I know that he is no longer alive but somebody in the likes of Don Howe or even an ex defender with great experience like Ashley Cole or Martin Keown.

how about you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here