Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stiff Little Fingers 30th @ The Concorde

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Tom Hark said:
Just watch out for the stuff 'from our new album' according to me bruv who saw them in Aberdeen recently. At the first mention of the words 'new album' sprint to the bar/bogs and beat the rush. :lol:

Some of the new stuff is BRILLIANT!

Yeah its not the same as Suspect Device, Alt. Ulster, Tin Soldiers and all the other famous ones, but its still good stuff. 'Strummerville' is probably one of the best new songs I've heard in years by anyone.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Strummerville was a f***ing excellent song, I recognised many of their stuff from years of my old man playing them to me. Shame Bruce was'nt there but good to see their 15year ago bassist instead. Better than I thought it would be and found some good new (to me) stuff to listen too, Tin Soldiers is brilliant!

good gig!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Marc said:
Strummerville was a f***ing excellent song, I recognised many of their stuff from years of my old man playing them to me. Shame Bruce was'nt there but good to see their 15year ago bassist instead. Better than I thought it would be and found some good new (to me) stuff to listen too, Tin Soldiers is brilliant!

good gig!

Sounds awesome you lucky bastard. I would've loved to be there tonight, they always put on an awesome show. Shame I'm stuck in a town that is well and truly off the beaten touring track!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
packed out aswell, easily sold out, plus being 28 it was GREAT being one of the youngest at a punk gig for a change!
Got a sweet polo shirt too, wearing that down the Duke on sunday for my birthday piss up....YEAH :drink: :drink:

Punk does indeed ROCK!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Marc said:
packed out aswell, easily sold out, plus being 28 it was GREAT being one of the youngest at a punk gig for a change!
Got a sweet polo shirt too, wearing that down the Duke on sunday for my birthday piss up....YEAH :drink: :drink:

Punk does indeed ROCK!

Haha yeah, first saw SLF at the concorde when I was about 16, I think everyone there thought I was at the wrong gig!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
ATFC Seagull said:
Haha yeah, first saw SLF at the concorde when I was about 16, I think everyone there thought I was at the wrong gig!

saw them when I was 14, at the Top rank suite in 1978.

missed last night as I had a weddings to go to ....can you believe it, a weddings, on a thursday in bloody march ....

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Deportivo Seagull said:
saw them .... at the Top rank suite in 1978.

I'm pretty sure that was 1979. I remember the night well as some school friends and I were driving down from Tonbridge, where I was living at the time, and the stupid tosser at the wheel managed to roll the car coming round the bend of a country lane somewhere near Uckfield, and we ended up upside down in a ditch covered in broken glass instead of going to the gig. :down:

Bloody good excuse not to do my physics homework though...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Trufflehound said:
I'm pretty sure that was 1979. I remember the night well as some school friends and I were driving down from Tonbridge, where I was living at the time, and the stupid tosser at the wheel managed to roll the car coming round the bend of a country lane somewhere near Uckfield, and we ended up upside down in a ditch covered in broken glass instead of going to the gig. :down:

Bloody good excuse not to do my physics homework though...

Yes, it was '79

Toured the Country following them around in the early 80's on their Nobody Heroes tour:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here