Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stickys

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you read them or are you so used to them that you automatically scroll and pass your eyes right over them?

I get inundated with requests to "please make it a sticky" but I'm not convinced it does much good. I think most people barely even register they are there - moving straight down to the first non-sticky thread.

I get a bit of sticky-itis and don't like too many, mainly because I think the more there are, the less interest is paid to them. There are 8 right now which seems too many to me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I probably check them once a week. It feels less urgent to check them as they are not gonna disappear. Eight is too many though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Depends what the sticky is about, and whether it's in bold or normal type.

Don't automatically miss them though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You should have made this a Sticky, I only just noticed it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't pay much attention to them, occasionly I'll notice that there's a different one in there but my eyes just automatically scan to the first "unsticky" thread.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They're a damned nuisance.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there anyway for each user to unsticky a sticky? Would be great if this was possible within the software...

Not really, no.

But if you use the 'New Posts' link then you'll not see them listed unless they have been updated...

North Stand Chat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here