Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STHs - are you renewing?

Do you intend to renew your season ticket?

• Yes, yes I do

Votes: 245 93.2%
  • No, no i don't

Votes: 18 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’ll be renewing. It would only be cost or illness that would prevent me from renewing.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I’m out. I’ve enjoyed the trips to port vale and Colchester etc but I’ve fallen out of love with the game. I’ve said it before it died the day we made it to the top table, I just don’t enjoy it anymore... VAR is a big reason and will also save around £200 per month towards decent family holidays. Bad fan but I couldn’t give a shit x

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder how the feeling would be if we:

1. statistically were the least attacking and opportunity creating team in the league
2. were the scorer of a solitary first half goal at home so far
3. had only scored from a penalty to record our solitary first half goal at home so far
4. had to put up with a tedious drone controlled by a man with moobs and a megaphone

I suspect the result might be a little closer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not renew? Are you stark raving mad?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Championship with Potter ? No thanks Tim. This season has killed football for me.

Nearly used up my quota for ticket exchange. It's been an awful season. We went backwards under Hugton after Xmas. We are doing the same again. 1 win in 11 with some tough fixtures at home coming up. Throw in VAR, football is dead for me.

Why are you still posting daily on a football forum then?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Entering 3rd season without a ST after 20 years owning one and I have to say it’s quite liberating! Happy to get along when I can and be part of an exchange and can nearly always get tickets if want. I really don’t care about so called big 6 matches, they’re ones I actively avoid now they’re so boringly predictable. After we’re relegated I might get one for the Championship as I enjoy the unpredictability and Var-less matches. The PL though is a huge disappointment, endured rather than enjoyed.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Already cancelled. Really bored of the Premier league and VAR.

Had 3 years at this level and that's enough for me.

Good! You won't be missed on here or presumably by whoever is unfortunate enough to have to sit next to you at any game.'Bye!:tosser:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Entering 3rd season without a ST after 20 years owning one and I have to say it’s quite liberating! Happy to get along when I can and be part of an exchange and can nearly always get tickets if want. I really don’t care about so called big 6 matches, they’re ones I actively avoid now they’re so boringly predictable. After we’re relegated I might get one for the Championship as I enjoy the unpredictability and Var-less matches. The PL though is a huge disappointment, endured rather than enjoyed.

I did that for 2 seasons whilst I was on the waiting list, you can get a ticket without fail if you diarise Bronze member release dates. I’ve never seen Mansour’s FFP cheats beat the Albion!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Agree entirely - but doesn't say much about the bulk of our fanbase supporting through thick and thin. Only a couple of thousand supported us in the dark days at Gillingham and even in the Theatre of Trees we could only manage about 8000 per week with very few games over our stint there ever actually selling out.

Seems we just have a huge proportion of 'fans' who only want to follow us in the Prem or because we have a swanky new ground. Same as most clubs.

If we do go down I just hope that most of the supporter base sticks with the club in order to help push back up to where we all want to be.

We averaged c28k in Championship before I think so I wouldn't worry too much

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I had a season ticket at the old Goldstone but had a younf family during the Gillingham and Withdean years. I’ve had a season ticket at The Amex since the stadium opened.

But I’m now 74 with a heart condition and I’d be a very stupid old man to sit in a cold sports stadium on a freezing afternoon. I live a way away and I’m not comfortable driving back in darkness, so catch five different trains to get to the stadium. Sometimes too my pub landlord duties interfere. To cap it all my sister, who lives in Brighton and has a season ticket is also not in the best of health and finds it increasingly hard to get into the stadium. She has decided not to renew either

I feel miserable about all of this. It seems wrong to me to pay for a ticket I sometimes don’t use. Nothing to do with the football - but someone else could use that seat. I’ll miss the excitement and the feeling of being part of it all. And no, I don’t think that relegation is going to happen…

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Agree entirely - but doesn't say much about the bulk of our fanbase supporting through thick and thin. Only a couple of thousand supported us in the dark days at Gillingham and even in the Theatre of Trees we could only manage about 8000 per week with very few games over our stint there ever actually selling out.

Seems we just have a huge proportion of 'fans' who only want to follow us in the Prem or because we have a swanky new ground. Same as most clubs.

If we do go down I just hope that most of the supporter base sticks with the club in order to help push back up to where we all want to be.

Sorry, but I disagree with a lot of that. The Albion have always had a large fan base, helped by the fact that we are the only League club in the county (until recently with the addition of Crawley). The nearest other clubs being over forty miles away. When we were at Withdean it was difficult to get match day tickets and with a capacity of only 6,000 initially to 7,800 in the later years. It was rare that attendances went below 90% of capacity.

Your point about a huge proportion of ‘fans’ who only want to follow us in the Prem also doesn’t ring true. Apart from the first two seasons at the Amex (when it wasn’t fully developed) our average attendance, when we played in the Championship, was between 26,000 to 28,000 - and always there was a waiting list for season tickets. That does not smack of glory hunting JCLs to me.

With reference to the possibility of us being relegated to the Championship and how that will affect attendances - who knows? I don’t think anyone is going to relinquish their season tickets by the start of March as we will still be very much in contention in retaining our PL status

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here