Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards Yesterday

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
They were well heavy handed. They chucked an old bloke out right near the end aswell. Not sure what it was for.

Discerace.:nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
None thrown out at the madj, and there was a crowd of over 10,000

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's more to do with the stewarding, than the behaviour of those involved DTG. I think 6 out is right, and none of them did any more than stand up, nearly all in the back row too.

I'm not sure if he as the worst steward. What about the old woman who looked like Carlos Valerama?!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I thought the stewarding yesterday was very poor.

One of them was excellent - he just wanted a bit of banter and asked us to sit down in the 'right' way - by being HUMAN.

The others seemed intent on picking a fight and whilst you could argue that one of those ejected seemed to be asking for it, none of those chucked out seemed to be doing any harm

As Hans says, most were on the back row, obstructing nobody and the others were in the singing section, where EVERYONE was standing up.

In fact, the one thing the stewards SHOULD have got involved in was the altercation at the front and they did NOTHING. It was SHIT, quite honestly.

The other thing that REALLY pisses me off, is that we had about 20 stewards patrolling up and down at the back telling us to sit down but the Crewe fans behind the goal were stood for the whole game without any intervention that I could see.

If the stewards are going to be SHIT, at least be shit for everyone.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Dave the Gaffer said:

But you're not comparing like with like.

Comparing a football crowd with a rugby crowd is like comparing The Royal Opera with a Local Amateur Dramatic production.

Culturally they are different, historically they are different and traditionally they are very different - working class oiks against doctors, dentists and solicitors.

Watching rugby is a COMPLETELY different experience - bloody good, but DIFFERENT

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hiney said:
But you're not comparing like with like.

Comparing a football crowd with a rugby crowd is like comparing The Royal Opera with a Local Amateur Dramatic production.

Culturally they are different, historically they are different and traditionally they are very different - working class oiks against doctors, dentists and solicitors.

Watching rugby is a COMPLETELY different experience - bloody good, but DIFFERENT

Actually you are not wrong....I found it amazing the amount of kids there, especially youngsters about 7-10. Granted most of them that were sat by me were more interested in the coke and food being offered around, and also, there is a bloke with a cameras that keeps picking out people in the crowd and this is transmitted on to the big screen....caught one bloke picking his nose:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ....much hilarity in the crowd!

It was also funny that everytime Johhny got tackled or he flew into a tackle, the women around us collectively gasped. When he went off I had to restrain my wife and laura from rushing on to "massage " his bandaged thighs
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
There was infact 7 that got chucked out!

There was also the one at half time's girlfriend walked out at half time, I can only assume that she was being lairy :lolol:

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Did anyone see the fight in the front row? Some woman turned round and went ballistic at a bloke behind her, tried to slap him a few times... her bloke then got involved, mouthing off... The steward in front of them was just shaking his head, and cleverly not getting involved... She spent the rest of the first half crying, and left at half-time...

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:

I think getting thrown out at a rugby match would be preferable to having to watch it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here