Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards Today at Leeds

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
The stewards today were all fuckin c**ts.

The constant "Sit down" was getting on my nerves and everyone elses around me.

We can stand at other clubs and don't really get any hassle but today all we wanted to do was watch a game of football but it kept getting interupted by a "Sit down".

:rant:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

We can stand at other clubs and don't really get any hassle but today all we wanted to do was watch a game of football but it kept getting interupted by a "Sit down".

Have you tried sitting down, they won't bother you then.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
they are the reason i wont go again. That and the fact my tyres were slashed costing me £220 to get home
Leeds= WANKERS

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
They were all first time stewards and didn't have a clue how to cope :shrug:

The Mark McGhee song was utter brilliant. :bowdown:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Me and my dad stood for 90 minutes at the back. Stand your ground and keep telling them to f*** off.

Lmao at the mark mcghee steward

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

It's their job. :shrug:

I will agree that the stewards were poor today, only for the fact they seemed to target certain people and then do next to nothing about it. Those on the 'left side' today would have witnessed two very drunk gentleman shouting all kinds of obcenities in the direction of the Leeds faithful, only to be taken to one side and made to stand next to the stewards for the rest of the match, not even being asked to sit down! :lolol: They were just as mouthy over there too.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Bastards for slashing your tyres. On my walk back to station some leeds **** came up to my face and said brighton wankers and referee wanker. But i was with my gf and another couple so i ignored it. Got the train home and was just about to get in taxi and the driver said come closer. He looked at my badge and said i've just come back from that game. If was a leeds st holder who was a cabby in derby. We had a good old chinny but wot a coincidence (especially as most cabbies r asian). Then i went into my local and not much later 2 albion fans walked in, i couldn't believe my luck and we talked about albion for an hour. One bloke was living in derby like me and the other was his mate who was a st holder at withdean. Anyway good times i had a great day save from the leeds scum nickin our 3 points

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Me and my dad stood for 90 minutes at the back. Stand your ground and keep telling them to f*** off.
Strangely enough the stewards are perfectly entitled to tell you sit down, and to enforce this. You are not allowed to stand at football league games. That is the rule so if you don't like it don't go and stop whinging.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snha-03937.pdf

The Football Licensing Authority (FLA) website states that clubs promoted to the Championship for the first time have three years to convert their ground to all-seated and that there are currently 72 all-seated international, Premiership and Football League grounds in England and Wales.2
The all-seater requirement is enforced by means of conditions in the licence issued by the Football Licensing Authority under the Football Spectators Act 1989. These provide that:
• only seated accommodation shall be provided for spectators at a designated football match; and
• spectators shall only be admitted to watch a designated football match from seated accommodation.
Each Premiership and Football League ground has its own ground regulations based upon the model ground regulations recommended by the Premier and Football Leagues. Rules 9 and 18 of the model regulations provide that:

9. Nobody may stand in any seated area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas while play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground.

18. The club reserves absolutely the right to eject from the ground any person failing to comply with any of the ground regulations or whose presence within the ground is, or could reasonably be construed as, constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person. This could lead to further action by the club including, but not limited to, the withdrawal of any season ticket (without reimbursement) and other benefits.

18.1. Entry to the ground shall constitute acceptance of the ground regulations...

...The Government has also reiterated its position in response to a number of parliamentary questions, including the one below from June 2008:
Mr. Denis Murphy: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what representations his Department has received on the campaign for safe standing areas in top-flight football grounds in England in the last 12 months; what plans he has to meet with football clubs and supporters groups to discuss this matter; and if he will make a statement.
Mr. Sutcliffe: I have received a number of representations on the campaign for safe standing areas. I have discussed this matter with the Football Association, local authorities, the police and the Home Office. The consensus among all parties is that there is no wish to re-introduce any standing areas at grounds in the top two divisions.
No new evidence has been presented to suggest that there is a single more effective way of achieving safety as well as public order than all seater stadia. The Government therefore remain fully committed to the current policy.
A Football Licensing Authority study of standing in seated areas at Premier and Football League grounds concluded that it presented risks to safety and crowd management.

...so if you don't agree with that, tough shit sunshine... out of the ground you go.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Strangely enough the stewards are perfectly entitled to tell you sit down, and to enforce this. You are not allowed to stand at football league games. That is the rule so if you don't like it don't go and stop whinging.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snha-03937.pdf

The Football Licensing Authority (FLA) website states that clubs promoted to the Championship for the first time have three years to convert their ground to all-seated and that there are currently 72 all-seated international, Premiership and Football League grounds in England and Wales.2
The all-seater requirement is enforced by means of conditions in the licence issued by the Football Licensing Authority under the Football Spectators Act 1989. These provide that:
• only seated accommodation shall be provided for spectators at a designated football match; and
• spectators shall only be admitted to watch a designated football match from seated accommodation.
Each Premiership and Football League ground has its own ground regulations based upon the model ground regulations recommended by the Premier and Football Leagues. Rules 9 and 18 of the model regulations provide that:

9. Nobody may stand in any seated area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas while play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground.

18. The club reserves absolutely the right to eject from the ground any person failing to comply with any of the ground regulations or whose presence within the ground is, or could reasonably be construed as, constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person. This could lead to further action by the club including, but not limited to, the withdrawal of any season ticket (without reimbursement) and other benefits.

18.1. Entry to the ground shall constitute acceptance of the ground regulations...

...The Government has also reiterated its position in response to a number of parliamentary questions, including the one below from June 2008:
Mr. Denis Murphy: To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what representations his Department has received on the campaign for safe standing areas in top-flight football grounds in England in the last 12 months; what plans he has to meet with football clubs and supporters groups to discuss this matter; and if he will make a statement.
Mr. Sutcliffe: I have received a number of representations on the campaign for safe standing areas. I have discussed this matter with the Football Association, local authorities, the police and the Home Office. The consensus among all parties is that there is no wish to re-introduce any standing areas at grounds in the top two divisions.
No new evidence has been presented to suggest that there is a single more effective way of achieving safety as well as public order than all seater stadia. The Government therefore remain fully committed to the current policy.
A Football Licensing Authority study of standing in seated areas at Premier and Football League grounds concluded that it presented risks to safety and crowd management.

...so if you don't agree with that, tough shit sunshine... out of the ground you go.

True..but I think the main complaint is the inconsistency of it all. Yes they are entitled to tell people to sit down and, as you put it, tough shit blah blah blah. But regardless, its frustrating especially at the big games like today!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Stewards were KNOBS today. Not because of the 'sit-down' stuff. Complete twatish behaviour.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Complete muppetry on this thread. Standing does no one any harm. Most stewards know this and will concentrate on actually keeping supporters safe rather than getting kicks out of telling people how to watch a game. Yes it's the law to sit down, but in this country every single tiny law is not enforced to such an extreme extent. The law enforcers prioritise and use their common sense. I've been to only one ground in the past where we were made to sit down by the stewards, but a year later they'd seen sense and didn't bother. The law is ridiculous in the first place, but that's a different debate.

I've never been to a game where a good atmosphere's been created with every fan sitting down. Standing is essential and harmless if done in certain areas where everyone does it or at the back of the stand. I haven't sat at a game for absolutely ages. I hate it. Experiencing the emotions football brings whilst staying stuck to a seat is completely unnatural.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
they are the reason i wont go again. That and the fact my tyres were slashed costing me £220 to get home
Leeds= WANKERS

I remember the last time i went and the stewards were right cocks.Some idiot in a suit got grief from Albion fans.
Tyre slashing or damaging cars is f***ing out of order.I feel for you as a fellow driver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here