Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards searching a 4 & 8 year old's bags

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everybody should have their bag searched as anything could be in it, for the record Mini had his mini man bag searched today :lolol::ohmy:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I personally dont mind the delay getting through security at Airports with the knowledge Im safe....whats the difference?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I just don't think it's remotely worth moaning about, that's all. It's not like it actually holds you up, FFS. All football grounds stipulate bags may be searched as a condition of entry. I can't see for a second what the big deal is.
This. They always search my rucksack and are perfectly polite about it but I have seen people having a go at them and then I can understand when they get annoyed. They searched my 4 year old god sons when he came and when he asked why I just said to check you havnt got anything your not allowed and when he questioned more I just said that you couldn't take in things made of glass as you might accidentally hurt someone. As for what they are looking for the big sign by the entrances about what you are not allowed to take in kind of gives it away.
Personally I am very annoyed to hear that some bags are not searched and that 1901 are excluded from this: everyone should be searched it is for all our safety and I may email the club and ask why not everyone is being searched.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Maybe its a culture thing over there to moan, but its comedy gold reading these moan threads as an outsider. I still can't figure out if people are on a massive wind up half the time with their 'complaints'.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Moan, moan, moan. Jesus.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a RIDICULOUS complaint. Did your 4 year old pack her own bag? No, I thought not. So you're saying they should trust you just because you're a parent?!

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
Stewards better be on the ball at Smellhurst Park then. Distress flares are gonna be going off all over the place by the end of the season. I can hear the cries of "Abandon shit" already. No that was not a spelling mistake.

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I've just thought no one and I mean NO ONE has their bag checked going into 1901. If you wanted to explode a bomb that's the place to do it it would seem

Sod that for a lark.

Us lot above you don't want to stink of prawns.

easy

Aug 19, 2011
East Stand: H Block
I have no kids, but if I took one to the AMEX, I'd not mind their bag being checked. I say the football being played on the pitch should be on your mind tonight, not something this routine and expected.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I used to get my girlfriend to take a half bottle of whisky in her handbag to matches at the Goldstone cos she never got searched.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
No point in moaning, it is a condition of entry, you are liable to have your bag searched before entry. In saying this, I carry a bag on my scooter, and have never been searched. But I do remember back in the day during an away game at Gillingham (pre us playing home games there) a woman was seen getting cut throat razors out of her handbag, and was dishing them out to their top boys. A situation that we certainly don't want at The Amex.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Is it really necessary for stewards to stop and search both my 4 year old and 8 year olds kids seagulls rucksacks on going through the turnstiles? Seriously FFS what are they expecting to find? Are they not sensible enough to take my word for it that there was nothing dangerous in either bag?!? The stupidest part of it is that they completely ignored the bag on my back after I challenged them and asked them if it was really necessary, some bloody common sense wouldn't go amiss with some stewards.

I used to be the Chief Steward at Leyton Orient when i was a student in East London and the Police Inspector then , used to insist we searched kids bags old ladies etc etc as the IRA (who were very active at the time) would use children, childrens prams, disabled peoples wheelchairs etc to smuggle bombs into places etc.
So im guessing the same goes for Al Queada. The strangest people get recruited into these factions !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here