Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards insisting that we sit down in the North Stand

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When purchasing your north stand season ticket in 2010/2011 season when it was known that the last four rows that the rules would be relaxed and standing allowed

Did any one really think when purchasing a north stand ticket any where else your would be allowed to stand ?.

Last 7 rows I think me hebberd said

Did any one really think when purchasing a north stand ticket any where else you would be allowed to stand ?.
There was a considerable amount of standing in Rows F-M yesterday, around, in front of, and behind me, and no confrontations with the stewards. This was mainly during the Albion's attacking periods in the second half.

When Birmingham mounted an attack at the other end, people sat down. That didn't happen much.

I didn't hear anyone complain.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
There was a considerable amount of standing in Rows F-M yesterday, around, in front of, and behind me, and no confrontations with the stewards. This was mainly during the Albion's attacking periods in the second half.

When Birmingham mounted an attack at the other end, people sat down. That didn't happen much.

I didn't hear anyone complain.

Think your find the stewards are approaching those who are standing nearly all the time. who then start the palace chant.

Think your find the stewards are approaching those who are standing nearly all the time. who then start the palace chant.
If its main intention is to demonstrate defiance of the stewards, an instruction to stand up if you hate Palace is just crass and embarrassing - quite the opposite of standing up because the Albion are on the attack.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
If its main intention is to demonstrate defiance of the stewards, an instruction to stand up if you hate Palace is just crass and embarrassing - quite the opposite of standing up because the Albion are on the attack.

Agree.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The stewards were a f***ing Joke yesterday. Everyone was getting warned about swearing in East Upper. Its a f***ing football match, what do you expect. East Upper is just shite. No atmosphere at all.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
anyone else going to report the above post for excessive use of offensive language :fishing:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
If you want to sit down, you have three other stands - don't go in the north then.

But... I'm normally a north stander but was in the East towards the away fans yesterday as I was taking the little miss. I was disappointed at how quiet the North (and West) was from there. In fact the atmosphere seemed flat everywhere yesterday. Maybe these acoustics aren't as good as we think...

Could you hear the away fans singing ? - I didn't hear them all game from WSU. Good noise coming from WSU (B) for most of game.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
4 rows at the back of any stand are not going to create an atmosphere if jobsworths make the rest of the stand sit down are they,i will give up if you like and sit down then the row behind will have to sit aswell

I'm amused by your deluded idea that an atmosphere is created by standing. All that standing creates is sore legs, so sit down and sing your heart out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Easy solution. Take Stanley blades to the game. Note the numbers and faces of the stewards causing the problem. Wait until after the game and they are going their cars/bus stop/station. Follow them there. Stripe them on the face.

Won't happen again I promise.

To use a current popular phrase on here, Jesus wept.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Could you hear the away fans singing ? - I didn't hear them all game from WSU. Good noise coming from WSU (B) for most of game.

In S1A you definitely could hear them. They were singing (not all the time, and mostly about Villa), it's just the acoustics. You could hardly hear the North Stand - even the Al-b-ion echoing around didn't sound as loud as it does sometimes. Best bit was when the lights came on, the first half seemed very flat all round.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Terrible atmosphere yesterday even in the North, gotten used to the East and West sat there in silence but where I was it's usually pretty good but it seemed like there was me and 5-10 others singing. I could see the South getting a bit animated though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here