Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steward 80 - Where were you ?.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
There was one absolute cock of a steward who grabbed some lad and wouldnt let him goon the pitch despite the fact half the crowd was already on.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There was one absolute cock of a steward who grabbed some lad and wouldnt let him goon the pitch despite the fact half the crowd was already on.

In front of the dugouts? If so then I saw that, was trying to work out what the blokes beef was there was several hundred people on the pitch by that stage. Why not give up.

Also it's no wonder stewards get a bad name from fans, walking out of the ground last night along the running track having not been anywhere near the pitch some twat of steward couldn't have been more than 25 years old shouting at people to "get behind the line" like he was f***ing rambo or something! This despite the fact there were hundreds if not thousands of people on the pitch. Have a day off sunshine!

Stewards should realise what they are seen as by us fans, requirements by the football the league! You have no power, you get no respect from the fans so just shut up earn your money and f*** off. It would make everyones lives a more pleasant place. The ones that want to watch the football for free then fair enough, the others f*** off and join the TA or something!

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
I saw three policemen running across the pitch towards the City end after the pitch invasion had happened; I presumed this was because the Albion fans were converging in that direction and there might be some fun and games...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
In front of the dugouts? If so then I saw that, was trying to work out what the blokes beef was there was several hundred people on the pitch by that stage. Why not give up.

Also it's no wonder stewards get a bad name from fans, walking out of the ground last night along the running track having not been anywhere near the pitch some twat of steward couldn't have been more than 25 years old shouting at people to "get behind the line" like he was f***ing rambo or something! This despite the fact there were hundreds if not thousands of people on the pitch. Have a day off sunshine!

Stewards should realise what they are seen as by us fans, requirements by the football the league! You have no power, you get no respect from the fans so just shut up earn your money and f*** off. It would make everyones lives a more pleasant place. The ones that want to watch the football for free then fair enough, the others f*** off and join the TA or something!

Yeah it was, completely uncalled for and out of order, should have just let him go and run on like the other 20 fans that went past him in the time it took to grab hold of him.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
And whilst we're on the subject of stewards I saw a group of lady ones on a number 5 bus about half hour(ish) after the match, they were of the larger variety shall we say but one was quite a SAWT.

That is all.

Now back to slating the JOBSWORTH ones... :thumbsup:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I was on the track for the pens at sould just sense it was going to happen. As soon as Richards scored I side-stepped the first steward and was on and just hoping people would follow or I was gonna get nicked haha! Best time at withdean since swindon! I just grabbed thompson and anyinsah went mad. amazing night

portslade

portslade
Aug 3, 2008
ha ha . i was the lad u most proberly ave all seen on sky sports news gettin chased by 2 helpless stewards . great night !

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
fair play to this one steward up the back of G block. we were all standing in the back two rows and he came up (we thought to tell us to sit down) but he just told the small lad behind me to not stand on the seats (for obvious reasons, being on the back row an' all) and let us all carry on treating ourselves away.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The pitch invasion highlight had to be the motorised wheelchair zooming on to the pitch from the disabled section - don't think the poor stewards had any idea how to deal with that!!:laugh:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
I stood on my seat for the whole of extra time :cool:

Last edited:

I stood on my sit for the whole of extra time :cool:

rilly? Zo you wass newt talking to yur waaaff oon the foown? :lolol:
murdera.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here