Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Wiltshire

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just watching a programme on Five about this artist.

Don't know if anyone remembers a QED programme from the 80s about a teenage autistic kiddie who coud draw detailed pictures of buildings from just looking at them once.

He continued utilising this talent since then. They have a great interview with Prof Simon Baron Cohen (Ali G's brother) on his talent.

Now, 20 years on, he is doing a detailed panoramic drawing of every building on a 4 metre canvas of the London skyline from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf from the memory of one helicopter ride.

Incredible.

Stephen Wiltshire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Amazingly talented artist, drawing from memory - he was championed by the Royal Institute of British Architects for a number of years in the mid nineties, often featured in the Architects Journal and provided illustations for their calendars for several years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely amazing, I can't get my head around how someone could draw that panorama from memory after a 15 minute helicopter journey to view it. It seems he even has the correct number of windows in the buildings, just incomprehensible to me as it is incredibly detailed and appears to look like a photograph from a distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here