Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Thomson...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Exactly, why have we resorted back to it lately :angry:

0 - 0 draws at forest and Leeds and it's DW's little invention so he's loathed to change it.

Clearly the last 2 games it has cost us , especially the must win v port vale. Dissapointing to say the least

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
0 - 0 draws at forest and Leeds and it's DW's little invention so he's loathed to change it.

Clearly the last 2 games it has cost us , especially the must win v port vale. Dissapointing to say the least

Precisely

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure the diamond has worked more than just those last two games. Swindon at home springs to mind, immediatly. I am not saying it should be our only formation, but it shouldn't be discounted due to a few adverse results. There are other factors to take into account.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008

Doncaster away, Swansea away it works

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I am sure the diamond has worked more than just those last two games. Swindon at home springs to mind, immediatly. I am not saying it should be our only formation, but it shouldn't be discounted due to a few adverse results. There are other factors to take into account.

Great post, when we play it we are much more solid as a unit

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So its gained us 4 points? It may work for getting draws, but it wot get us promoted.

Win at home, beat the lesser teams and deprive the top teams of three points. Four draws away from home against four teams from the top six is pretty impressive AND without conceding in any of them. There is always the chance of nickina goal from them.

When we were promoted from this division last time, I think we lost to three out of the five other teams in the top six (if my memory serves me correctly - Bristol City, Swindon, QPR) and drew with the other two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here