Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Thomson...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Proven performer at one of the better SPL sides.

Heres a shock to some people that dont understand football, it occasionally takes a player a little bit of time to settle at a new club!!!!!

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Rubbish. Anyone worth their salt can play the game or not. If he is unsettled why the F**K did he join us ??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've only seen him once granted but I thought he had the makings of a good player, disciplined and using the ball efficiently.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore

Heres a shock to some people that dont understand football, it occasionally takes a player a little bit of time to settle at a new club!!!!!

Football's all about opinions. Cheers for the belittlement by the way.

He's played 17 games now - how much longer can it take to 'settle'? I've seen nothing to suggest that he should be in the side over other options that we have.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair , I haven't been particularly impressed with him other than 2 games when we first got him. I haven't posted about it as many were saying he was one of those players that you don't notice etc etc , so I watched him for the last 2 games and can confirm I still am not convinced

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

He's played 19 games!!!

Edit: Just read 2 posts before, 17 maybe?:lolol:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that no team should be playing 'the diamond' at this level. What's wrong with 442 (not the mag!)

However, to me it just proves how crap Scottish football is. If you want further proof look how well Dirk Lehman did for a while when he went to Motherwell.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I really want to like Steve Thomson as he is clearly a decent player, and one who should thrive at this level, but I have to admit I've been increasingly dissapointed with his performances since he arrived. He is much more anonymous at times than I expected him to be, and he certainly doesn't strike me as being particularly influential or passionate on the pitch. I think he will come good, and I'm not suggesting swapping him for Fraser (god help us), but I hope next season we see a lot more from him.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I really want to like Steve Thomson as he is clearly a decent player, and one who should thrive at this level, but I have to admit I've been increasingly dissapointed with his performances since he arrived. He is much more anonymous at times than I expected him to be, and he certainly doesn't strike me as being particularly influential or passionate on the pitch. I think he will come good, and I'm not suggesting swapping him for Fraser (god help us), but I hope next season we see a lot more from him.

My thoughts exactly (except for the bit about Fraser)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I agree about being annonymous most of the game, I didn't even realise Thomson was playing against Port Vale until he got subbed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here