Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Gerrard,court case.

Pinkie

Feb 22, 2009
It wasn't much of a brawl. Personally I think it's a complete waste of public money that this even went to court.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
195.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How can he plead self-defence when his mate had already elbowed the other fellow ?

How much self-defence did he need.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can he plead self-defence when his mate had already elbowed the other fellow ?

How much self-defence did he need.

in the video its obvious that the recipient of Gerrard's ire was unable to throw anything offensive other than an insult.... Stevie G is a lucky boy

Pinkie

Feb 22, 2009
The others have probably been paid off by SG. They'll get a few thousand and he'll be a free man.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The others have probably been paid off by SG. They'll get a few thousand and he'll be a free man.

I'm not sure how pleading guilty to affray helps someone else that was there to get off.

I'd imagine in reality, it has the complete opposite effect.

What I think happened here is that the others got involved again (after the CCTV pictures we have seen) and Gerrards involvement in the overall fighting was limited in relation to the others.

Gerrard should be glad that he wasn't charge with assault, which I imagine is much easier to prove.

As to comment above that the trial was a waste of money, well it wasn't really because at least a few idiots have been convicted.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah, seems to me the footage would have proven common assault at least. makes you wonder why they went with affray...

have any of those pleading gulity been convicted yet?

The victim of this assault should make a statement challenging Gerrard to a 1 on 1 go in the ring (or cage), then let him step up on his tod and see if he can back it up.

My money would be on the victim, of a bloke who needed 5 mates to back him before he had the bottle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's usually how it works. I presume you mean sentenced ?

I think next month.

i dont believe its a forgone conclusion, they have admitted the offence but a judge still needs to convict them? often hear of crackpots pleading guilty to crimes, doesnt mean they're found guilty and convicted. i wonder if the outcome of this case will have a bearing on the others.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i dont believe its a forgone conclusion, they have admitted the offence but a judge still needs to convict them? often hear of crackpots pleading guilty to crimes, doesnt mean they're found guilty and convicted. i wonder if the outcome of this case will have a bearing on the others.

Yes, but as I said usually - I don't imagine the Judge will disagree. We've only seen the Gerrard CCTV, from what I understand the fisty cuffs continued after that.

Funny place for it to happen, I was having a beer very near there the previous night. I was also in the pub they visited before going to lounge.

It's usually quiet as a mouse round there. Imagine Eastbourne in the winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here