Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steven Alzate departs

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Well, some of us asked for evidence, and all we got was an allusion to a tiara. What is the evidence? Show it and we can accept it.
To your response "Christ" I was trying to make a feeble joke about the crown of thorns...

6142R4oS-BS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It does look like we've missed out on getting some money for him* - which is unusual! If he had had a 'reputation', we'd have cashed in earlier I'm sure.

*Unless somebody knows better!
Indeed. Smacks of dithering to me ???

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Alzate is fine for a top of Championship/bottom of PL side. He does a lot of what Gilmour does but not with quite the same vision as Wee Billy. The same tendency to get pushed around against a big strong midfield.

I remember when he and Molumby were both coming through at the same time and we all had high hopes. Not quite to be for either but to make it even at Championship level is a hell of an achievement.

He has nothing but best wishes from me. Whether he's wearing gold chains, tiaras or whatever, he always came across as a nice lad to me. And the club f***ed him around twice with messing up transfers at the last minute (which is why he ended up in Belgium in the first place).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm guessing Alzate was on Sky Sports recently? (Based upon a post on his social media).

There's also this, but as the video is not viewable in my region I have no idea what it is (presumably a clip from his interview):-

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm guessing Alzate was on Sky Sports recently? (Based upon a post on his social media).

There's also this, but as the video is not viewable in my region I have no idea what it is (presumably a clip from his interview):-

I don't know why I'm surprised, but I never had him down as speaking with a Multicultural London English accent before.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't know why I'm surprised, but I never had him down as speaking with a Multicultural London English accent before.
He talks exactly as I’d expected seeing that he was mostly raised in London.

But have no fear, do not panic, calm yourself. You too can learn how to speak MLE!

I’m handing you over to Teacher Tom who’ll go over the what, how and when with you.

Thanks Tom.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
He talks exactly as I’d expected seeing that he was mostly raised in London.

But have no fear, do not panic, calm yourself. You too can learn how to speak MLE!

I’m handing you over to Teacher Tom who’ll go over the what, how and when with you.

Thanks Tom.

Learning a lot tonight.

Does Paris or other major European cities have an equivalent accent to Multicultural London English (MLE)?

Yes, major European cities like Paris do have equivalents to Multicultural London English (MLE). These accents or dialects often emerge in cosmopolitan urban centers with diverse populations, where different linguistic and cultural influences merge to create unique forms of speech. Here are a few examples:

1. Multicultural Paris French (MPF): Similar to MLE, this is influenced by the various immigrant communities in Paris, particularly from North and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. It incorporates elements from these languages and cultures, resulting in a distinct way of speaking French that includes unique slang and pronunciation features.
  2. Kiezdeutsch (Berlin): In Berlin, there is a youth dialect known as Kiezdeutsch, which translates to "neighborhood German." It's predominantly spoken by young people in multicultural neighborhoods and incorporates elements from Turkish, Arabic, and other languages spoken by immigrant communities.
  3. Italian in Milan and Rome: Both Milan and Rome have developed local versions of Italian influenced by various immigrant languages. This phenomenon is especially noticeable in the informal speech of younger generations in multicultural neighborhoods.
  4. Cocoliche (historical, Buenos Aires): While not in Europe, this historical example is similar. In late 19th and early 20th century Buenos Aires, Italian immigrants influenced the local Spanish, creating a mixed language known as Cocoliche, which eventually influenced the Rioplatense Spanish dialect.
These urban dialects reflect the multicultural environments in which they develop, blending traditional local language features with those brought by immigrant communities. They serve as dynamic examples of how languages evolve and adapt in response to diverse social contexts.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here