Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Thomson

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I also thought El Abd had a good game. He doesn't set the world alight or do anything fancy. He always takes the easy pass and he sits in front of the defence, but he is solid and breaks up the game.

I think the defence would have struggled without him last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the table were reversed, does anyone think he'd be keen to stay?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the table were reversed, does anyone think he'd be keen to stay?
In order for the table to be reversed, he'll have already left. He is anonymous, complete shite, and a waste of wages.

I really can't believe he was admired at Falkirk.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought El-abd was poor - lost the ball countless times and just got in the way at other times. Not a midfielder and shouldn't play there.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I would keep El-Abd in the centre alongside Thornton or dare i say it Loft.
Let him do the watercarrying and Thornton/Loft create. But him and Virgo in the centre of midfield:nono:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
He is shit, goodbye, useless and showed last night that we do not need him.:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

what? because we drew 0-0 with a league two side?

Granted we were good in the second half, but I thought we were good going forward due to the wingers, Forster and Robinson running at them.

El-Abd was good, although he can't pass and Virgo played well second half, but we didn't create much through the CM's, especially first half when the game was pretty awful.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Out of interest (and as many on her know I am a big fan of what I feel he has brought to the team), didn't Thomson JOIN us cos his family weren't happy in Scotland and wanted to move back south? Can a year in Brighton really change someone's mind that much?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
El-Abd wasn't the best player last night, but I think he's quite a talented footballer who can definitely do a job there. I liked the stability we had in midfield last night with both Virgo and El-Abd there. Not particularly flash players, but can tackle and pass and do a reasonable job. Maybe we're better off keeping the creative players eg Thornton, Cox, Johnson on the wing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here