Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought Hewton said that Kayal had a slight niggle before but that he was fit for the Sheffield Wednesday game? Anyway, Sidwell was a less than adequate replacement whichever way you look at it and for whatever reason. I thought we were tactically inept and our midfield and forwards were powderpuff and ineffectual against a resilient and well drilled Wednesday defence. A collective off-day or maybe we just don't like playing in the rain!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rusty & unfit/lacking match practice generally sums up his performance last night, he was lethargic and made no impact. Its so obvious how much drive Kayal gives the team, without him we have none it's as simple as that.

Onwards and upwards anyway, at least we didn't lose.

No Chance - He has definitely not given up on the Automatic places. If anything, resting Kayal on heavy conditions is the right thing to do if he has an injury. This is Beram's body and livelihood you are working with and the Manager has to take part responsibility for ensuring that injuries are not aggravated.

Actually using your theory the one who he would probably rest if he were saving anyone for the play offs would be Stephens because he seems to be first name on the team sheet every week, or so it would seem.

I think we play better in the better conditions because we do knock the ball about really well. I guarantee, all the teams around the top will drop around 10 points each in the last 10 games. Look how clubs like Rotherham are rallying in an attempt to avoid the drop

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The clubs in a relegation battle, although there for a reason, tend to fight for survival and present a bigger challenge to the top clubs than a midtable one who are safe would.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The clubs in a relegation battle, although there for a reason, tend to fight for survival and present a bigger challenge to the top clubs than a midtable one who are safe would.

The fear of relegation seems to produce better performances than the taste of promotion for some reason, which is why a team at the bottom seems to be able to turn over one near the top from this stage of the season onwards :shrug:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
After seeing Sidwell come on Saturday, in a very open game against a lower table club with 10 men and be the worst player on the pitch - I am well and truly convinced he is utter shite and needs to go back oop nurrff ASAP.

Any further involvement from him will be detriment to out promotion fight.

#sidwellout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here