Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve McClaren & Duncan Fletcher

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
Absolutely. It's sad to see our national teams in the only two worthwhile sports in the world being ruined by absolute twats. An ashes series, a world cup, and next a European Championships ruined by this pair of imbeciles:angry:

Didnt realise either are in charge of the rugby side?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely. It's sad to see our national teams in the only two worthwhile sports in the world being ruined by absolute twats. An ashes series, a world cup, and next a European Championships ruined by this pair of imbeciles:angry:

Shortly to be TWO world cups, surely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, I must be missing something. Two world cups? I was only referring to the current cricket one, and next years football European championships, for which we either won't qualify or will simply embarrass ourselves once there. We can include rugby if you like, but I don't know enough about it to know if the manager is a TOOL on the scale of these two.
Andy Robinson has pleasingly just been sacked and anyway he wasn't RUDDY FACED enough to be a true TWAT was he.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
It's sad to see our national teams in the only two worthwhile sports in the world being ruined by absolute twats.

That's a bit harsh on Fletcher - only Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka were below England in the Test rankings when he took over, we're now in second position.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the right footed denilson said:
haven't we always been crap though? isn't this more of a case of same old, same old?!
No. We were in the top FOUR in the days when there were only four test playing nations.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I appreciate that, but does that mean it's wrong to say he has somewhat lost the plot now?

Not really - we lose one test series against a nation that we've only beaten once in the last 20 years or so and all of a sudden he's lost the plot? I'm not overly interested in the pyjama jamboree that's taking place at the moment but our one-day side has been crap for years - it's not some kind of sudden decline that Fletcher has initiated.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I think Fletcher's not too bad to be honest.

We won the Ashes in England, and beat the Aussies at the one day game on their turf.
Ok we got thrashed this year at the ashes, but I think that was because we were a bit complacent.

Having said that, I still think we won the Ashes on the quality of a few players. Mainly Jones, he was fecking brilliant bowling (Not English though?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here