Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Harper - signs on a month's loan

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
True but those 3 lacks something going forward, Harley is a quality player, too many people giving him a hard time on here over a few medoicre performances. With Reyes and Bridcutt behind him we could just see the best of Harley.

Wouldn't say he is quality having been the star in a mid table league 1 player and not setting the world on fire since getting here. I think there is a good player in there but at the moment he is not showing it and is a liability when the other team have got the ball. Looking at the West Ham midfield cannot afford anyone to go missing when we have not got the ball. If he plays tonight and gives a poor performance I think the crowd will get on his back (not saying that is right mind).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Absolutely - I am tired of so called supporters criticising players after a few games. Harley clearly has a lot of ability on the ball and it is not easy just to play well at a new club in a different system with players he doesn't know. I know there are criticisms of his work rate but people have forgotten he had an injury just after arriving.

I've gathered that people don't dislike him just because he's had a few bad games, but because he comes across as being so arrogant on and off the pitch. That penalty smacked of cockiness. If we're 6-0 up at home, feel free to showboat, but when we're at 0-0 away when we need to grind out a result, it's just sheer stupidity.

D

Deleted member 18477

So you actually HATE an Albion player do you - on the basis of them failing to attain your personal standards? I honestly think you're in serious need of professional help. ???

yea i hate ankergren. hes f***ing dogshit! just my opinion though eh twinky! professional help? pathetic response!

D

Deleted member 18477

I've gathered that people don't dislike him just because he's had a few bad games, but because he comes across as being so arrogant on and off the pitch. That penalty smacked of cockiness. If we're 6-0 up at home, feel free to showboat, but when we're at 0-0 away when we need to grind out a result, it's just sheer stupidity.

this! its the attitude that he has. he clearly has some ability but he needs to work harder!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Would be great if played an attack of

-------Bridcutt-----Reyes---------

-------------Sparrow-------------
--Noone--------------------Hoskins
--------------CMS----------------

lots of pace and hard working players with the above, with Buckley on the bench.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

yes your right he does come across as arrogant...i thought that from day one..even in the game against peterbro....but maybe thts nt a bad thing..confidence and arrogance aren't that much different...hopefully he will grow up a bit and realise he isn't the top player here like he was at exeter..timr will tell

"comes across" being the operative words. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and since I don't know him personally I do not agree with being so judgemental.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dig is about 14 years old on half term clearly...

That pen was never show boating. Just a man who changed his mind at the last minute, something you can never do as a pen eaker.

D

Deleted member 18477

Dig is about 14 years old on half term clearly...

That pen was never show boating. Just a man who changed his mind at the last minute, something you can never do as a pen eaker.

why am i? for not liking ankergren? grow up you fool. i will support him on the pitch if he starts tonight but that doesnt mean i have to ass lick him all over NSC! i think he's useless.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
you're mental!

i'd rather see ankergren moved to centre midfield than see harley play another minute for Brighton on current form. and i hate ankergren...

harper

calde dunk greer painter

buckley bridcutt reyes noone

vicente

CMS

(if vicente isn't fit i'd like to see buckley behind CMS and lualua on the right.)

Some of your comments, make you out to be a complete knob

D

Deleted member 18477

Some of your comments, make you out to be a complete knob

thing is though, i'm not ;). and regular NSC posters would know that by now. all you've highlited there is that i dont think harley is very good at the moment.

i've always not liked ankergren, but i will say it again, when on the pitch he has my support. on NSC i can say whatever i like as this is what NSC is all about - a difference of footballing opinions about various topics. thats why its interesting and that's why we all come on here.

D

Deleted User X18H

My sauce has told me Harper has been in Brighton, in talks with club over this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

No really. You mean he won't just get off a train at Falmer at 7:30 tonight with his kit bag and walk into the changing room 5 minutes later and say 'howay , I'm here to go in goals like'

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Just seen Newcastle chronicle who are claiming it's completed and he will play tonight. So it's a done deal as far as the Geordies are concerned

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just seen Newcastle chronicle who are claiming it's completed and he will play tonight. So it's a done deal as far as the Geordies are concerned

going by Twitter Pardew said as much at his press conference today

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
yea i hate ankergren. hes f***ing dogshit! just my opinion though eh twinky! professional help? pathetic response!

How old are you? By the sound of it you're in your late teens (with an IQ that matches your age). :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here