Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Gritt - were you there?

Did you witness any of Steve Gritt's " Great Escape" games?

• es I went to all home games at the Goldstone

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • I saw at least one of them

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Nope I was an Exile

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Nope I'd stopped going by then

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Too young

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing Steve Gritt is the guest at the Amex tonight, it would be interesting to know how many current Albion fans actually saw any of the "Great Escape" almost entirely built on our amazing home form at the tail end of that season.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
season ticket for possibly the worst football I had ever seen (while Case was in charge) but just the best experience (after Case left)

"He's got no hair and we don't care"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't know how many I saw, more than one but not all of them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone have a list of the games and the results under Gritt that season?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't fall into any of those categories, quite. I was an exile, as I was away at Uni, BUT did get to most of the home games, as well as a couple of the away games, including, most importantly, the greatest and worst day of my Albion following. hereford.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Went to the home games and a few away including Hereford.

I also still have the "True Gritt" tshirt which I am tempted to dig out tonight. I wore it for the Donny game at the Amex in homage to one of the men who helped get us there.

PG

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Too young, I do remember being in a field for the Herefield game (Camping with family) with my dad and brothers around a radio and all jumping for joy although I new what was going on I wasn't really aware of its significance. I would have been 8.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Went to all the home games coming down from Camden Town every week, all the away that season with some great turn outs by our fans at Fulham and Orient, Cambridge and even Wigan Ath away that year. We had to do our bit that season and it worked.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All home games and Hereford. Still have my "They think it's all over" t-shirt

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Too young, I do remember being in a field for the Herefield game (Camping with family) with my dad and brothers around a radio and all jumping for joy although I new what was going on I wasn't really aware of its significance. I would have been 8.

wow that makes me feel old.... went to all the home games and of course hereford... got home and my GF at the time who had no football knowledge had decorated the flat with congrats and got a load of our friends round for an impromtu survival party - was a nice touch. She binned me that summer lol. Happy days will be great to see Steve Gritt a true ledge... I will be standing and applauding the man!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Saw most of the home games with Gritt in charge.

I watched the Doncaster game from above the East Terrace, so my last footballing experience inside the ground was a top vs bottom affair against high-flying Wigan, armed with Roberto Martinez and a certain Mr Paul Rogers.

Back when it was £8 to get in and the programme was £1.50.

Attachments

• Gritt.jpg
    Gritt.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 30
  • The Team.jpg
    The Team.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 29
  • League.jpg
    League.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Programme.jpg
    Programme.jpg