Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Steve Coppell will always be remembered as a Palace legend more importantly for he was in charge of Brighton on your drubbing back in October 2002.

Give him a break he had next to nothing to work with during his spell at Brighton.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Look at the Brighton team which Coppel managed to take down with him. Beasant(old but was reliable), Cullip(class), Blackwell(class), Ingimarrson(Class), Watson, Brooker(went to the premiership with leicester), Barrett(tried hard), Carpenter, Rodger(good on the ball), Zamora(God) and the ginger Prince(in top form in the second half of that season). If you compare that to the teams McGhee was forced to play at times last season i consider relegation that year to be inexcusible. Especially coupled by the fact that we had Sidwell for a few months who was recently voted the best player outside the premiership. Coppel didnt do the job he came in to do - therefore i will be jeering the palace scum.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
s.stubbs said:
No He didn't.The job He was employed to do was avoid relegation,He didn't do it ,He's a dirty Palarse c:angry: nt.
Which is why we envy the man. Long live Mr Coppell.

Stevie coppells Red & Blue Army. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

bew4194 said:
Look at the Brighton team which Coppel managed to take down with him. Beasant(old but was reliable), Cullip(class), Blackwell(class), Ingimarrson(Class), Watson, Brooker(went to the premiership with leicester), Barrett(tried hard), Carpenter, Rodger(good on the ball), Zamora(God) and the ginger Prince(in top form in the second half of that season). If you compare that to the teams McGhee was forced to play at times last season i consider relegation that year to be inexcusible. Especially coupled by the fact that we had Sidwell for a few months who was recently voted the best player outside the premiership. Coppel didnt do the job he came in to do - therefore i will be jeering the palace scum.
yeeeeesssssss,you tell em,dirty little palarse fruit.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Frankly I'm sure Coppell will be able to take whatever abuse we throw at him, and besides it's much more fun than clapping!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
bew4194 said:

Have to disagree with this one. Coppell did a good job but we went down because of two factors. The youngers players had no first team experience (last season they had 2 yrs experience) and it was our first year back in div 1

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the fact that Coppell didnt keep us up was because we went 12 games without picking up so much as a point under Hinsh, apart from those 4 points with the first day win at Burnley and the draw with Cov.

If the season started when he took over we would have finished about 17th.

And he left us when we were top of Div 2, Mcghee scraped us into the play offs.

Im not knocking McGhee but I think some people underestimate Coppell the manager. Although the way he treated Sir Adam is inexcusable. And he is a Palace wanker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We went down because of Hinshelwood's disastrous tenure, end of.

Coppell did a pretty good job while he was here, but the fact he walked out on us means that he gets what he deserves. If people sing the VD song I'll join in...

Coppell actually got us out of the bottom 3 around February/ March time - good work. But he couldn't keep us there - not so good work. Whereas McGhee has won crunch end-of-season games two years in a row, Coppell couldn't do that. End of.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
what about a HIPPO?

I think the stand will struggle with that!

If you've got a spare one though, give it a go. Will be fun to see how many Reading players it gores to death before gamekeepers are summoned.

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Coppell took us down no excuses, he had two thirds of a season to keep us up and failed, the man is scum and should be given a reception to fit his scum status, give the bastard hell.:angry:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bew4194 said:
Barrett(tried hard)

i would try hard if i played - doesnt make me a good player! barrett was awful

coppell did a good job for us - ok, he didnt keep us up, but then based on form under him we were a mid table side. as for him leaving, dick knight saw the pound signs and made little effort to keep him, and at the current time, reading are a bigger club than us

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
s.stubbs said:
Why was I the only one throwing abuse at the filthy palarse c:angry: nt tonight...?

Hmmm, he was quite a popular manager here so maybe not everyone's as fickle as you.

On the subject of abusing Coppell, to the couple of guys near me who repeatedly accused Coppell of "Kiddy-fiddling" I would just like to say that you're were both HILARIOUS, you kept me entertained all game with a terribly amusing variety of paedophile jibes. Maybe Oscar Wilde has been re-incarnated as an Albion fan.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I've never liked his FACE

his lack of hair is a downside as well - and the way he wears his leg garments :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here