Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When Coppell said he wanted to get back into football I doubt he was thinking tier 3 micky mouse tbh, albeit micky mouse with potential.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coppell will be back in a job by the time we're looking for a new boss (and I hope that's a long time away).

Plymouth will probably have a vacancy soon, Barnsley already have one if he can cope with the northern-ness of their situation, and Colchester are still looking. I'm sure he'd be after a Championship post but he seems like an honest bloke rather than one chasing money or status, so he might be interested.

Could even get the Pompey job if he plays his cards right- they've started the season worse than us :)clap:) and I can't see them retaining Paul Hart for long with their new owner in place.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;3101872 said:
Bloom and co should be talking to other managers now, and if things don't improve in the next few weeks an immediate replacement should be lined up.

This season is increasingly looking like a carbon copy of last season.

Coppell would be of interest to half of the clubs in the Premiership. Very, very unlikely he would consider coming back here.

Right. I don't mean to take this out on you but I'm so f***ing frustrated.

For goodness sake. This season is only starting to look like last because of the bloody fans already calling for the head of a very new manager.

The worst thing Bloom etc could do is talk to other managers because it would completely undermine Slade. The best thing they could do is be spending time with Slade working out, as the transfer window closes, what he wants to do .

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Also, for a start it's only been very few league games so it would be absolutely ridiculous if Slade is sacked anytime before Christmas in my opinion. UNited often didn't start well... but people weren't dcalling for Fergies head... yes, okay, he's proven, but on the evidence of Slade from last season it looks good.

And haven't we learnt a elsson about former managers...

To be quite frank... this isn't a conversation we should dream of having.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tranmere might have a vacancy soon...and isn't Coppell from that neck of the woods originally?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Adams would not have had success at Brighton without Zamora. Take Zamora out of the side where did the goals come from. Mullery inherited the basis of a good side.......

As well as Zamora, I also seem to remember we had a decent GK, a pretty resolute defence and a midfield that could get stuck in and pass the ball around a bit. And yes, Mullery inherited a decent squad - and both MA and AM did what all good managers do - moved the team forward, got them playing better and took them to a higher level.
So, therefore, they were both good managers for us the first time around.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i honestly cannot believe we are discussing this after a handful of games, can't we just get behind the mighty hariless one????

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
i honestly cannot believe we are discussing this after a handful of games, can't we just get behind the mighty hariless one????

How old are you ffs, your posts are allways positive thats not what this board is about. Post something negative or :salute:.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I am in the never go back camp so would not want SC back. He maybe a good manager but I am sure that there are others as good who we could get especially with Falmer now in sight. In the mean time give Slade another month to turn it around.

Is there any club Coppell has not done well at? Also please name one manager out there, currently available and as good as Coppell.

Not that he would be likely to drop from Premiership to League 1 management unless Svens mob had plans for him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is there any club Coppell has not done well at?

Man City (couldn't hack the pressure)
Brighton (still got relegated and then left because a bigger club came in for him)
Palace (did little in his third spell, or was it the fourth, can never quite keep up with his love for that little club)

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Man City (couldn't hack the pressure)
Brighton (still got relegated and then left because a bigger club came in for him)
Palace (did little in his third spell, or was it the fourth, can never quite keep up with his love for that little club)

True give you City, with us he did well, we went from no hope to some hope, and Palace I can't remember his later spells, or wish to so I will scrap that from his portfolio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here