Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell on Monday

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One thing i dont understand about the coppell bashing.

Ok he is Palace through and through but didnt he do a good job for the team and shouldnt he get some respect for that? He almost kept Brighton up.

He walked out yes but to go to a bigger and richer club with a real chance of prem football in a nice ground

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
One thing i dont understand about the coppell bashing.

Ok he is Palace through and through but didnt he do a good job for the team and shouldnt he get some respect for that? He almost kept Brighton up.

He walked out yes but to go to a bigger and richer club with a real chance of prem football in a nice ground
I agree, I bear no grudges against him, but I'll still sing because it's fun :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why?

Its the same with Taylor, He did a very very good job for the team Jr Lewis was a masterfull signing and without him we would have been in the play offs.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Save your hatred for Taylor next season.

I'll never forget watching him on the balcony on Grand Avenue waving to the fans and reading about his resignation the next day.

He just couldn't admit that he didn't have the bottle to take on the challenge of managing us in the 1st division. :angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
See-Goals said:
Save your hatred for Taylor next season.

I'll never forget watching him on the balcony on Grand Avenue waving to the fans and reading about his resignation the next day.

He just couldn't admit that he didn't have the bottle to take on the challenge of managing us in the 1st division. :angry:

Ehat a load of gash.

Taylor said with the playing budget he was offered there was no chance of the team staying up, he was right.

When Coppell arrived he was given more money.

Tayor is a class manager and did a first class job for brighton

I for one wish him well.

Some people need to take there adams blinkers of

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree that Coppell did a good job for us and if he went to any other team I would applaud him on Monday as with Adams. However, I dislike Reading and their hypocrisy. Madejski complains constantly about Pardew being taken by West Ham then he took our manager. The only difference in that situation is that Dick Knight acted with dignity and accepted it. Add to that the fact that ten years on they still boo McGhee and I will not be applauding Coppell on Monday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree that Coppell did a good job for us and if he went to any other team I would applaud him on Monday as with Adams. However, I dislike Reading and their hypocrisy. Madejski complains constantly about Pardew being taken by West Ham then he took our manager. The only difference in that situation is that Dick Knight acted with dignity and accepted it. Add to that the fact that ten years on they still boo McGhee and I will not be applauding Coppell on Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here