Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I think Cooper is perfectly decent, a similar appointment to Potter probably, not as good as Potter, not as creative or tactically astute, but equally not going to have half the support up in arms. So we trade off manager quality for avoiding supporter unrest, and everyone will be perfectly content with that. I can see getting another 11th or 12th with Cooper and that will be fine
Not sure if TB or PBOBE will take the fans into account when making the appointment.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I would like to think the new manager will be deciding what positions need strengthening transfer window opens 14th June. With no manager who now makes decision if players out on loan are good enough to come back or should be released. DeZerbi made it clear he wanted Undav back back assume with no manager this is unlikely.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I would like to think the new manager will be deciding what positions need strengthening transfer window opens 14th June. With no manager who now makes decision if players out on loan are good enough to come back or should be released. DeZerbi made it clear he wanted Undav back back assume with no manager this is unlikely.
Players are chosen through algorithms. There are some obvious weaknesses in the squad that do not need a manager to highlight. I accept a player might want to know who is playing for before committing themselves.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe, but the season only finished a couple of weeks ago. I'm not expecting an appointment until early July and would prefer they take their time in getting the right appointment.
The problem with that is all the viable and serious contenders have all signed up with other clubs

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I must be mistaken didn’t we batter Wolves at home last season?
Wolves went from bottom of the table to finish 13th under Lopetegui. Despite a few bumps in the road we would have been delighted if that was us.
Away we did, but it was GON first game. At our place it was 0-0.

RdZ’s first season 3-2 at Molineaux, 6-0 at The Amex.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Granted yes he did, but l was thinking more about Bruno Lage and Lopetegui, both of whom were somewhat underwhelming.
Lopetegui took them from rock bottom of the league to 13th. Strange appointment they chased him for ages and then weren’t honest with him about transfers. They couldn’t make any 🤣

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You really do seem to be anti-RdZ…

Whatever, you or others feel, he got us to our highest ever finishing league position and took us to Europe.

Disappointing how it ended, but then he wanted to progress faster than we were prepared to….. fair enough on all sides.

Best focus on looking forward rather than backwards….
Yup. I've listened to most of his press conferences and interviews and he is one of the most self-absorbed melodramatic managers I've seen in football. Mourinho copy, except Roberto De Zerbi has never made a joke in his entire life.

I don't stand him or his personality.

And as for his management, the squad he took to Europe was a squad many managers, including Potter, could have taken to European qualifcation. Stomped everything in the spring of 2022, added Pervis, Mitoma and Enciso while only losing Maupay and Cucurella. We had a very good squad and a lot of managers would have taken it to sixth (though its still a good result of course).

Graham Potter is a better manager than Roberto De Zerbi seven days a week, and this is the main reason people love Roberto De Zerbi.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup. I've listened to most of his press conferences and interviews and he is one of the most self-absorbed melodramatic managers I've seen in football. Mourinho copy, except Roberto De Zerbi has never made a joke in his entire life.

And as for his management, the squad he took to Europe was a squad many managers, including Potter, could have taken to European qualifcation. Stomped everything in the spring of 2022, added Pervis, Mitoma and Enciso while only losing Maupay and Cucurella. We had a very good squad and a lot of managers would have taken it to sixth (though its still a good result of course).

Graham Potter is a better manager than Roberto De Zerbi seven days a week, and this is the main reason people love Roberto De Zerbi.
Sorry but that's nonsense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

:moo::shit:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Couldn’t be more wrong with the majority of this post IMO.

I’m not going to have a go at Potter in footballing terms, because nobody should dispute the work he did here, he laid the foundations 100%. RdZ improved footballing wise on what was there.

Personality wise, I didn’t warm to him whatsoever, and his desperation to be liked at Chelsea shone through…. “We’re going to win the f-ing champions league”…. Just a bit of a dick IMO.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Well Pep thinks he’s one of the most influential coaches of the last 20 years, while Sky Sports report he treated his players “like family”.

But I’m sure a drug addict from Sweden with an agenda knows better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am more disappointed that RDZ didn’t lower his expectations a little, accept why things weren’t as good as they had been the previous season and trust in TB for another season. We’ll see but he may find his career has stalled if he wants better than Brighton and part of the reason could be his behaviour in the media when things started to go pear shaped. It seems Bloom was willing to overlook the outbursts but not be railroaded into breaking the model seeing as things seemed to have ended more amicably than we might have expected.

Shame, I fear the Albion and RDZ may find themselves both worse off because of it. A happy RDZ was fantastic, a surly RDZ was a bit of a nutter imo
I have one criticism re RdZ….

His failure to learn from what was literally in front of his eyes.
There can be no doubt his style of football is very exciting and a pleasure to watch, but once you’ve been rumbled, you need to learn. If players get injured you need to adapt.

The fact he wanted more should be seen as a positive (again IMO), the whole ‘it is what it is”, is incredibly dull.

I don’t think it’s great criticising Bloom, but he was clearly frustrated as was shown in the last 3 months, in his and the teams performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here