Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook on loan to Bournemouth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is moving up the ladder and gaining experience as his last loan was Mansfield in the conference or whatever it is now called. Now in Div 1, Championship next perhaps.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it is indeed a good move.

We may conceivably temporarily lose the services of LD sooner than later and, as the loan is only for one month, SC will come back sharper and more ready to step in if required.
I agree as it will give him match fitness seeing as how the development squad/reserves don't get many games. He will be on instant recall if we get any suspensions or more injuries.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good move. Bournemouth seem to be properly run on the football side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It makes a nice change to see somebody go out on loan to a club that play at a good level and will provide worthwhile experience, rather than turn out for Burgess Hill or Lewes.

Very true. Players being sent on work experience to have a kick about in the park can't be learning too much. I've been doing that for years and I am miles and miles further away from professional football than I was at 16/17.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Strange signing for them. Not too sure I'd be happy about signing a player with so little experience.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yet people on here want us to sign a player from a higher division side ie Premier player with no league experience, what is the difference with Bournemeouth signing a player from a higher division.

He was a non playing squad member in the SAME division 6 months ago. Didn't get a sniff. Good news for us if he gets games, just not sure it's the best signing for them.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
given the precarious state of our back 4, this loan makes no sense unless Gus has got something up his sleeve....

I'm really interested to see if he can get a few starts under his belt for Bournemouth. If he comes back with some good league one experience he might be exactly what we need.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yep, just had a quick scan of their forums and it seems they were impressed. "Outstanding" and "very, very solid" two descriptions used. Good win for them up at PNE.

Fogden also played practically the full 90.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here