Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook on loan to Bournemouth.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Cook out on loan

To Bournemouth, according to Naylor's twitter.

Is El-Abd match fit now then?

(Pipped to the post, Sorry.)

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
good news! he looked good against Liverpool. hopefully he will be able to step up to the challange.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Long as we can recall him should someone else get injured. (Although I spose maybe with Reyes & Vincelot he isn't next in line anyways).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good move for all concerned. Doesn't that leave us even shorter of centre backs though?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good news hopefully he'll get some regular football, Mind you seeing as he's one of our only fit natural centre backs i'm wondering if Gus has another one lined up to come in on loan?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, El Abd no return date, Elphick out for the season, we have:

Painter (left back)
Dunk (centre back, on 7 yellow cards)
Greer (centre back, 3? yellows cards)
Calderon (right back)
Vincelot (utility defence and midfield, deferring surgery)
Jara Reyes (utility in defence, been recently playing midfield, played right back)

We apparently are not particularly interested in Liptak (or whatever his name is) and we send Cook (who I don't recall performing particularly badly against liverpool) out on loan?

Are we getting someone else in? Can we expect an announcemen soon, or has cook gone out because we got Jara Reyes?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought I read El-Abd was back in light training. We can shuffle it about if we really have to, I'm sure Gus has it all in hand.

Good move for Cook, first team games are what he needs.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think it is indeed a good move.

We may conceivably temporarily lose the services of LD sooner than later and, as the loan is only for one month, SC will come back sharper and more ready to step in if required.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should get lots of experience at defending with Bournemouth. I thought he was on the verge of a first team League debut though. Maybe Gus feels he needs to make the inevitable mistakes at another club first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here