Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Clarridge

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
He did say last night if you take Brighton out of the equation then it’s quite tight table.
And he’s right we are spoiling it for everybody:laugh:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He did say last night if you take Brighton out of the equation then it’s quite tight table.
And he’s right we are spoiling it for everybody:laugh:

apart from us that is

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No. He is fine. He has to make a comment about a game he has not seen - a free scoring team loses their striker and goes down to ten men. What did you think he was going to say ?

What he should have said is what the team of BBC researchers reported in their briefing summaries about every match. I suspect, however, that the resources the massively-overstaffed BBC puts into non-premiership football is about the same as those the 'quality Sundays' put into it.

The fact that Clarridge was in ignorance of the game reflects on the programme's editorial team, not him.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No. He is fine. He has to make a comment about a game he has not seen - a free scoring team loses their striker and goes down to ten men. What did you think he was going to say ?

He could've said; "I didn't see the game, so I can't comment on how the sending off changed the game- but Peterborough were already 1-0 down when he was sent off" - maybe could've commented on the actual sending off?

Middlesbrough fans fear not - they definitely aren't going down.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Am I alone in thinking that Steve Claridge is a good bloke?

He always says nice things about us, and bearing in mind that he doesn't watch every minute of every match in the Football League I reckon he does a pretty good job.

I can't see how some of you lot say he is a c**t.

I used to really like him as a player and I don't mind him as a pundit either really. Can't be easy being expected to comment on 3 leagues worth of football.

He's not brilliant, but he certainly isn't a c***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whether it is him or his team they have very little good to say about us other than the obligatory and obvious comments about a team that is top of the league.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He doesn't annoy me as much as Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al on MOTD. They only have about six or seven games between them on a typical Saturday. They obviously take one main game each, which I'm sure they watch in full. They also have the time to see a lot of the other games. Yet their 'analysis' is still tedious, predictable and of the same quality I (or anyone else) could offer just with a basic knowledge of football. Compared to them, Claridge's job actually looks quite tough, because he has 72 clubs he needs to make a comment on. Ok, it's not always great or particularly insightful, but it's no worse than the dreadful quality found elsewhere.

Yes it is. Watch Guillem Balague cover Spain on Sky Sports or Peter Beagrie covering football league.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Whether it is him or his team they have very little good to say about us other than the obligatory and obvious comments about a team that is top of the league.

Well I do seem to remember they were positively drooling over the performance at Charlton 2 weeks ago - and rightly so.....

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
He doesn't annoy me as much as Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al on MOTD. They only have about six or seven games between them on a typical Saturday. They obviously take one main game each, which I'm sure they watch in full. They also have the time to see a lot of the other games. Yet their 'analysis' is still tedious, predictable and of the same quality I (or anyone else) could offer just with a basic knowledge of football. Compared to them, Claridge's job actually looks quite tough, because he has 72 clubs he needs to make a comment on. Ok, it's not always great or particularly insightful, but it's no worse than the dreadful quality found elsewhere.

You cant be annoyed with Lawerenson he was one of us at one time. Im sure they dont watch any of the games they have researchers write a script for them.:thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

For once I agree with you BG, when Steve claridge does say anything decent about us it looks like he is in pain. He was creaming himself over Leeds and their 6 point lead this time last season. I do wonder though if FL show will pay us more attention next season once we are at falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here