Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Claridge is at Albion

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Claridge failed to score in his last 15 games for Millwall in 2003 before he left to join Weymouth.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wonder how he's getting on with Nathan Jones after saying on tv that he should be kicked out of the game after Jonesey's bad tackle that saw him sent off at Bristol Rovers last season.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
the guy is a legend

saw him placing big wagers at Brighton races still in his Pompey training kit.

as for superstars. we should have a word with the stadium anouncer and get the theme tune on the play list der der der deeeer

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think this is good news (at last)... not sure whether he can still play at this level, but I am hopeful that he can... he is a goal poacher, and I believe Leon would much prefer to play alongside a striker that obviously knows what he is doing as a forward, rather than Virgo... play Virgo in central defence at WHU... if the Claridge experiment fails, or he runs out of steam (likely), then MM can always move Virgs up-front...

To those who said the club shouldn't invest ANY money in strengthening the team with a striker... I hope you have learnt your lesson!... doubt it, tho'...

To DK, MM and the board... well done... you know it makes sense!... :) :) :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If anyone cares to check out the Palace site, they are really taking the piss out of this thread. It's on the away fan's page, the site is on the Links thread.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dougdeep said:
If anyone cares to check out the Palace site, they are really taking the piss out of this thread. It's on the away fan's page, the site is on the Links thread.

Thanks for that!

Right, fuc* off you Palarse chav scum.
:salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:

Actually most of them are secretely hoping our makeshift team will beat West Ham. (not likely but you never know)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Guy Butters lives near Claridge in Portsmouth, so they are travelling together for training. It must be nice for Guy to have someone in the squad that is older than he is.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I think this another McGhee masterstroke. :thumbsup:

He's been hinting that Robinson, Molango, et all, don't quite have what it takes yet to become a first choice partner up front with Leon.

Bringing Claridge on board means he's got somebody with massive experience that can be passed on to the youngsters and hopefully help them to improve their game.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A different class control-wise to any striker we've had for years other than Bobby. Fit as a butcher's dog. Can't wait to see him getting some passes from Currie to latch on to.

I think his touch was so good that it made it noticeable for once that Virgo is a defender playing out of position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here