Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce on SSN

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Just seen his post match interview on SSN and he said that Sunderland created enough chances to see them through. Have I had one to many Fosters or got shit in my eyes because I thought we actually made em look very ordinary for much of the game.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They did have chances, but not many that you'd say they should be scoring

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We did, but they still had at least four decent shooting opportunities that I can remember (two in the first half that ankergren parried into the danger area, and two in extra time that ankergren saved brilliantly). Those are just the four that immediately spring to mind, there was a header that went over and several wild shots that went wide/high of the goal.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They had some chances yes, but I'd have thought their fans would be very hacked off that they didn't seriously test Ankergren more often. And, seeing as we also hit the post, they can hardly complain at the result.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Lots of headers in the first half, and they should have had one inside 5 minutes that was drilled wide. However, after that, they were second best. Didn't create anything other than that one saved by Casper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only truly clear-cut chance they had was the one in the first few minutes when we got caught in possession at the back. The rest of it was mostly hopeful long-range stuff, although we did have to do a bit of last-ditch defending at times to block some promising situations for them.

Fully deserved the win though. There was a 15-20 minute spell in the 2nd half when we absolutely BATTERED them. Noone was causing havoc, CMS striking the post, Calde denied an obvious penalty and getting the most outrageous booking of the season. Sunderland were dirty bastards as well, CONSTANTLY fouling all over the field, not that D'urso was interested.

Epic match though. Truly epic. Dunk was phenomenal.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The only truly clear-cut chance they had was the one in the first few minutes when we got caught in possession at the back. The rest of it was mostly hopeful long-range stuff, although we did have to do a bit of last-ditch defending at times to block some promising situations for them.

Fully deserved the win though. There was a 15-20 minute spell in the 2nd half when we absolutely BATTERED them. Noone was causing havoc, CMS striking the post, Calde denied an obvious penalty and getting the most outrageous booking of the season. Sunderland were dirty bastards as well, CONSTANTLY fouling all over the field, not that D'urso was interested.

Epic match though. Truly epic. Dunk was phenomenal.

Calde dived Easy, no question

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Their best chances were the one in the opening minutes which he had no excuse for not even getting on target, and then a free header from a corner in the second half.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I'm pleased to be able to say that you are absolutely WRONG - as he had his ankle clipped as he was about to round the 'keeper. It was right in front of me & I also saw the replay afterwards in the concourse which confirmed my initial thoughts.

That said, it thankfully didn't matter in the end as we finally got the deserved winner. What a performance! :clap:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He'll get the sack soon, more likely he'll walk out like he always does and get some other job where he won't achieve anything.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Poor old Fist-Face. If he doesn't get a quality replacement for Darren Bent before the transfer window closes, he'll be toast.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Disagree. Calde stepped round the keeper, who spread himself and caught Calde on the foot just as he was about to clobber it into a gaping net. He was not even CLOSE to getting the ball, and there was definite contact. Thats how I saw it at the time, and having seen the replay thats just how it played out. As plain a pen as you could wish to see, but I guess it was easier to give the keeper the benefit so as not to have to decide whether to send him off. Cowardly decision. Why on EARTH would Calde take a dive for a pen, when he's taken the keeper out of the equation and basically has an open goal ?

And to affirm my "they were fouling bastards" assertion, BBC stats show they commited 29 fouls to our 14. Persistant fouling all over the park, particularly on Noone. Yet WE ended up with 3 yellows to their 2.

We got well and truley D'urso'd.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
The only truly clear-cut chance they had was the one in the first few minutes when we got caught in possession at the back.

Correct. They had just one clear cut chance tonight (that one)

We had 4 ... two for Barnes and two for CMS .. one of which he netted.

so in a perfect world we would have won 4-1 !

To correct your other stat though, 31 fouls by Sunderland tonight ... to our 12

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here