Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward [Summer 2015 edition]

Jan 10, 2014
. Also, they now have a strike force of only Sam Vokes, .

I know that even some Burnley fans don't consider Sordell and Jutkiewicz as forwards but they are still with us.

As for Ward, if Brighton are interested then it's going to take a very big offer for Dyche to let him leave. No doubt we'll be waiting on the Shackell situation (if there's owt in it) because Mee can play left centre back so Ward would get in at left back.

I can see it dragging out all summer if Brighton are interested and remain interested.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I know that even some Burnley fans don't consider Sordell and Jutkiewicz as forwards but they are still with us.

As for Ward, if Brighton are interested then it's going to take a very big offer for Dyche to let him leave. No doubt we'll be waiting on the Shackell situation (if there's owt in it) because Mee can play left centre back so Ward would get in at left back.

I can see it dragging out all summer if Brighton are interested and remain interested.

that would be a 'no' then.......

not sure I agree with you though about a big offer being needed. If he is third choice left back and you need to cut your wage bill, I would have thought he was a prime candidate to go.

Jan 10, 2014
He's not third choice left back though. Before his injury he was first choice.

We don't have to cut the wage bill as that's done automatically with relegation clauses in the players contracts, which they'll all have.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's not third choice left back though. Before his injury he was first choice.

We don't have to cut the wage bill as that's done automatically with relegation clauses in the players contracts, which they'll all have.

Mmm not sure about that. He didnt start a Prem game before October, then only really played left wing when they wanted to shore up the left side, rather than playing an out and out winger.

Jan 10, 2014
Mmm not sure about that. He didnt start a Prem game before October, then only really played left wing when they wanted to shore up the left side, rather than playing an out and out winger.

Mee was playing well (and was a member of the promotion team) but then had a drop in form and Ward came in and kept his place until his injury. Ward played in a few games before hand when we had a mass of midfield injuries. He played in the centre of midfield, not as a winger.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I have a feeling Ward will be Burnley's regular left-back this season with Matt Lowton, set to sign from Villa, at right-back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here