Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Lawrence MURDERERS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit like this case and all the "new" evidence then , funny how it seems only left wing cause celebres can be ever be victims of state collusion in getting them convicted.

The new evidence you refer to became available due to advances in technology. Also, given the intense pressure the Met were under for previously bodging this case and all the history surrounding this case do you really think they would fabricate evidence at this stage? Of course not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
absolutely this and thank god there less people around like bushy where we would never see justice.

I do wonder if Bushy is actually thinking about what he is typing on this thread. Part of me thinks it's just racist flippant knee-jerk reaction.

But yes, he is in the minority as this thread demonstrates.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The new evidence you refer to became available due to advances in technology. Also, given the intense pressure the Met were under for previously bodging this case and all the history surrounding this case do you really think they would fabricate evidence at this stage? Of course not.
We fundamentally disagree, new advances in technology ? do me a favour, as i've said before , they are probably guilty, but they have been well and truly fitted up in this case.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We fundamentally disagree, new advances in technology ? do me a favour, as i've said before , they are probably guilty, but they have been well and truly fitted up in this case.

Ah well, never mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The new technology which came about in 2003 is in the press today. The contamination defence was discredited by independent analysis and repeated attempts to replicate the manner in which the defence said it happened. The fit-up is in your mind.

Not probably, they are guilty.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

have you read any of the details of this case at all?

have you read any of the now public evidence about the new technology, how the advances were made and how the defence didnt manage to put up technical experts to support their position despite trying to get a number to do so who had all told them that it was not possible for what they are claiming, to actually have happened?

The ONLY element of this that one of those found guilty could possibly claim was part of a conspiracy against them was the double jeopardy rules being changed as a direct result of this case. And then the safeguards put in place in order to achieve a retrial mitigate even that claim.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bushy, why don't you move over onto the pork thread and stand up for it being WHITE meat? You might have more success there :smile:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I fail to see how two guilty men being sent down for their part in a murder is a bad day for justice, it seems like a good day to me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What's your take on Juries that sent down The Birmingham Six, Guildford 4, Winston Sillcott, and on and on....

so we're talking about situations where white anglo saxons were murdered by Irish terrorists or a group or immigrants on an out of control estate caused by racial tensions as a result of those nasty foreigners. (please note the ironic tone specifically for the benefit of the hard of thinking).

The main similarity here and the Lawrence case is that suppressing evidence and a failure by police to follow up the paths of investigation until they can be followed no more, whether they point toward or away from the accused was at the root of the issue. The assumptions and natural bias of the officers and the forces involved caused paths to be ignored or not explored. In each and every case there has been ongoing investigations and fundamental changes in the way the police operate

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ah well, never mind.
When Labour introduced the anti terror legislation that a majority of the posters on here were up in arms about , the powers that be claimed it would never be targeted at ordinary people , come the labour conference and Sussex police were using it to keep protestors away from the Brighton Centre, this case just sets the ground for them to go after someone they want until they get the result they want, i think the quote is “ It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted” we saw a steady erosion of civil liberties under the previous government, hopefully you wont ever be on the wrong end of a vindictive government w2ith someone flippantly remarking “ oh well, never mind”.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I fail to see how two guilty men being sent down for their part in a murder is a bad day for justice, it seems like a good day to me.

Quite. And the ability to re-try with fresh and compelling evidence is a step forward for British justice.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When Labour introduced the anti terror legislation that a majority of the posters on here were up in arms about , the powers that be claimed it would never be targeted at ordinary people , come the labour conference and Sussex police were using it to keep protestors away from the Brighton Centre, this case just sets the ground for them to go after someone they want until they get the result they want, i think the quote is “ It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted” we saw a steady erosion of civil liberties under the previous government, hopefully you wont ever be on the wrong end of a vindictive government w2ith someone flippantly remarking “ oh well, never mind”.

I don't really give a f*** about these 2, I hope they get the others as well. They are evil scum who had 18 years freedom they did not deserve. They did it, you know it, I know it. They have lived a life of career criminality and sold hard drugs on the streets and continued attacking Black people. For that alone they should not be free, let alone stabbing an innocent young man in the heart who took 40 minutes to die. No, f*** EM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You are spot on Bushy. This case does set the ground for cases to be re-examined if fresh and compelling evidence becomes available. The fresh and compelling evidence has to meet quite high and exacting criteria and satisfy the high court for the case to proceed though. Otherwise the court process is unchanged; the burden of proof is still beyond reasonable doubt. In fact, given a re-try has to be examined by a judge before it can procede I will suggest such cases are even more stringent than regular ones.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
new advances in technology ? do me a favour,

Bushy, I have a STATE OF THE ART cassette player and VCR for sale. It has all the latest features, pause, fast forward, rewind, AFNWS (Advance Flying Nappy Warning System) and stop.

PM me if interested.

EP

x

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i need something to play cartridges on if you can help ?

I do have in my adult entertainment cupboard some vintage cartridge based material. Very different to today, no fake knockers and growlers than resemble Catweazle's chin

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree with the fitted-up argument at all. If anything, given the high-profile nature of the case and the risk of yet another embarrassing collapse, the CPS would have had to be even more certain of a good conviction chance.

£50million this case has cost over 18 years, almost all down to police incompetence or even corruption in the initial investigation and forensic work. In this case I think this had to be spent putting things right, but where else could that money have been better spent. As a gesture they should make the negligent/corrupt/racist officers involved cough up about £250,000 each back to the public purse. I guarantee that would ensure no such sloppiness ever happened again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here