Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Perhaps it's worth noting that people are happy to endure the surroundings you describe if the product on the pitch is enjoyable. Conversely, all the padded seats and plastic clappers in the world are scant consolation when your team serves up a horror show ;)
At least we can wallow in despair in comfort.

:)

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Interesting comments from a Posh fan on the BBS.

On CMS: Mackail Smith; the most effort I'll ever see a player put in week in week out, combined with a knack of making good runs and always being in the right place at the right time. However, in my opinion the technical ability isn't quite there for him to make it in the Prem. Championship player who will always be a fan favourite for his sheer effort.

On Gayle: Gayle is fantastic and with a bit of patience could adapt very well to Premier League football. If you went down in your first season, the good news is that he would be there to tear the Championship a new one.

Seems pretty fair on both accounts.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
For me Dobbie, Harley and Sparrow just did'nt fit.

This is true to life, you win some and others you don't. So we move on and say good luck, take care and bye bye.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me Dobbie, Harley and Sparrow just did'nt fit.

This is true to life, you win some and others you don't. So we move on and say good luck, take care and bye bye.

I wouldn't necessarily label Sparrow with the others, was fine in league 1 and was ok until the sendings off, which effectively finished him in Gus's eyes.

albionite

May 20, 2009

On CMS: Mackail Smith; the most effort I'll ever see a player put in week in week out, combined with a knack of making good runs and always being in the right place at the right time. However, in my opinion the technical ability isn't quite there for him to make it in the Prem. Championship player who will always be a fan favourite for his sheer effort.

On Gayle: Gayle is fantastic and with a bit of patience could adapt very well to Premier League football. If you went down in your first season, the good news is that he would be there to tear the Championship a new one.

So why are you telling us, is it not better telling the plebs on BBS, I really could not care if gayle is a hotter prospect (remains to be seen) than CMS.

Sorry missed the line where you said you got this from bbs, I see you failed to mention that this posh fans believes you are paying 6m plus add ons for him. I will laugh if this is true.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Seems dull and tedious on both accounts.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Most Palace fans had a good idea of who CMS was when you bought him, as he played against us in the Championship during one of Posh's customary relegation seasons. Came across as a grafter rather than a potentially top PL prospect.

Likewise I had the chance to see Gayle play against us just 3 months ago at Peterborough and he came across as nippy but extremely lightweight. He was easily knocked off the ball and our two not so fast central defenders, just tied him up to the point he looked lost. Now you could hardly call Greer and Upson Premier class and he had no answer to these two.
He is young and if he puts on a little weight without losing any of his speed he may turn into a Premiership player, but I would have thought you would be signing players for now, not for the future,

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

When did he tear the Championship a new one last season?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Likewise I had the chance to see Gayle play against us just 3 months ago at Peterborough and he came across as nippy but extremely lightweight. He was easily knocked off the ball and our two not so fast central defenders, just tied him up to the point he looked lost. Now you could hardly call Greer and Upson Premier class and he had no answer to these two.
He is young and if he puts on a little weight without losing any of his speed he may turn into a Premiership player, but I would have thought you would be signing players for now, not for the future,
I agree that if the fee is at the high end of the speculation, it is a lot of money for a project. However, agencies like SSN like to peddle big numbers as it makes their league seem more important.

I agree that if the fee is at the high end of the speculation, it is a lot of money for a project. However, agencies like SSN like to peddle big numbers as it makes their league seem more important.

Have you told everyone that you live in America and know F*ck all about UK Soccer?

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
No, you have though, as you seem as obsessed about me as you are about attendances and Palace. Now that Palace aren't in the same league as Brighton, will you go back to being a Fulham fan? Charlton again? Weirdo.

You want to know what's really weird? He joined the BBS before he joined NSC...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Dobbie is now a Palace player.

Kerching. 850K. Lovely.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Why don't you all bugger off to BBS and chat amongst yourselves there. Could not careless what a palace fan thinks.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He is referring to the chap playing for Palace in the Championship, which is wholly different to playing for Posh. We even turned a free signing into a 30 goal season Championship striker.

This just goes to show your here to wind us up. You must feel really really good inside coming on here with your clever words. Why don't you just p*ss off you c*ck

This just goes to show your here to wind us up. You must feel really really good inside coming on here with your clever words. Why don't you just p*ss off you c*ck

That pretty much sums it up, this particular goon is a regular contributor on BBS Away End and in almost every post he makes reference to Glory Holes in WSU bogs and half time toilet activities.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That pretty much sums it up, this particular goon is a regular contributor on BBS Away End and in almost every post he makes reference to Glory Holes in WSU bogs and half time toilet activities.
You are joking?
Perhaps it is a fantasy of his, that one day, he could be on the receiving side of one of these glory holes he speaks about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here