Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steele and Webster

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Wolves ACM/forwards ran past him at will. Shocking lack of pace when they countered second half. Igor the same.
Of our four CBs, Webster is the quickest (although I was there last night, I can't confirm either way certain passages of play -- something to do with sitting in the lower stand probably). He gave the ball away too much in the second half, but was far from alone in that. Won the ball back on several occasions. Thought he did OK, nothing more, nothing less.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No one is going to mention the numerous times Baleba gave away possession indangerous areas, by just being too cocky.

That doesn't fit the narrative.

The whole team were complacent and nearly chucked away a comfortable win.
Baleba has been stunning this season, but his passing/decision-making really needs improving if he's going to get anywhere near his extremely high ceiling.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Baleba has been stunning this season, but his passing/decision-making really needs improving if he's going to get anywhere near his extremely high ceiling.
Absolutely.

My post wasn't meant as a criticism of him. He is going to be a super-star, once he learns to control his youthful exuberance better.
More a comment that Webster (who was largely blameless) and Igor (who wasn't) were catching a lot of negativity, when all players were making dangerous mistakes.

Webster in particular, was having to deal with a lot of unnecessary turnovers in our half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think you could argue that with the majority of our offensive players currently.

Enciso and Minteh’s decision making are appalling for example.

From that perspective, I thought Wieffer settled everyone down a little and was more disciplined. Probably unpopular, but Moder after a promising first 20 minutes, literally had zero positional discipline, and seemed to be chasing all over the place.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think you could argue that with the majority of our offensive players currently.

Enciso and Minteh’s decision making are appalling for example.

From that perspective, I thought Wieffer settled everyone down a little and was more disciplined. Probably unpopular, but Moder after a promising first 20 minutes, literally had zero positional discipline, and seemed to be chasing all over the place.
Some of that might be down to the changed tactics under Hurzeler, causing uncertainty in passing etc. It felt like we really missed senior heads out there in midfield and attack: Welbeck, Milner...to calm the youngsters down and get them to do the basics.
I was amazed we took a two goal lead!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of that might be down to the changed tactics under Hurzeler, causing uncertainty in passing etc. It felt like we really missed senior heads out there in midfield and attack: Welbeck, Milner...to calm the youngsters down and get them to do the basics.
I was amazed we took a two goal lead!!

Steele did try and pull them all together after the first goal, but whilst I do largely agree, regardless of their age there needs to be a level of discipline positionally, as surely they wouldn’t have made it this far.

I thought Baleba ‘switched off’ after his goal a little, and after Adingra’s there seemed to be a degree of arrogance in our play, and IMO, only Steele, Webbo, Pervis and Hinshelwood seemed to continue to put the required effort in. The others were all little flicks and little effort.

Edit - and we still won 😃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here