Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stealth

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Skint Gull said:

I've been on many a rollercoaster including most in Florida but that ride if f***ing INSANE! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Not as insane as the one at Cedar Point that is twice the height:

composite_640x480.jpg

wp_TTD_FromTop_640x480.jpg

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Withdean Wanderer said:
I am a whimp, Nemesis Inferno easily the best thing going at Thorpe Park, also enjoyed the ride that is in the dark and backwards, but other than that i am a disgrace at theme parks:nono:

X No Way Out is a truly HORRIBLE ride. I hate going backwards on anything even if its going slowly but that is dreadful. Yes Kev, smashed my kidney and my whole spine when that thing chucks you about! Its safe to say i didn't like it much! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Re: Re: Stealth

Rangdo said:
Not as insane as the one at Cedar Point that is twice the height:

Just been on their website and seen some of the promo videos, that place and that ride in particular looks awesome! 0-120 in lass than 4 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I want a go!

Have you been Rangdo?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Stealth

Skint Gull said:
Just been on their website and seen some of the promo videos, that place and that ride in particular looks awesome! 0-120 in lass than 4 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I want a go!

Have you been Rangdo?

Alas I have not but I would love to. I would probably shit myself once I was up close to it but I do love rollercoasters. Just look at how high it is compared to the other rollercoaster in the top picture.
The best park I've been to is Busch Gardens in Tampa but both Cedar Point and 6 Flags look very impressive and well worth a trip.
I went to Alton Towers last week and, although still good, their extreme rides seem to have stalled a bit recently. Air is good but not really scary and Rita is just a bit crap. The acceleration was awesome but once you hit the first corner thats pretty much it as far as the roller coaster is concerned. They could have used the speed for something really scary like Stealth but you just go up and down a few times and come back to the station. Very disappointing.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
To be honest I liked the tall bit on Stealth but for me its all about the accelleration, after that take off i'm not to concerned about the rest of the ride. Was supposed to be goin to Alton Towers today but too many mates came up with lame excuses so wasn't worth goin in the end, although I do think Thorpe Park now gives AT a run for its money as the best UK theme park anyway?

I haven't been to Basch Gardens for about 6-7 years but it was always my fav when we used to go to Florida, must get back there soon! :bowdown:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Busch Gardens has now got a vertical drop ride called Sheikra. It's like Oblivion but has 2 drops the main one of which is twice the height of Oblivion's.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Rangdo said:
Busch Gardens has now got a vertical drop ride called Sheikra. It's like Oblivion but has 2 drops the main one of which is twice the height of Oblivion's.

:p :p :p :p :p :p I WANT TO GO!

I absolutely LOVE Oblivion so that sounds fantastic, might try and get a late deal in October! :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here