Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stay up this time, please!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
saltash seagull said:
may be we were lucky to get 0 but o n the other hand a bit of luck and the return game could have been 5 0 as well but to us
i would of said the return leg should of been 4-1 to us but thats just nit-picking on my half

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't worry, we fully intend staying up and we will be waiting for you as you get relegated.

You're only as good as your last game and the score was 0-0.

Our record against you

League
Crystal Palace wins 29
Draws 20
Brighton wins 33

FA Cup
Crystal Palace win 1
Draws 2
Brighton wins 2

Yes I know you have been in a higher division than us in recent history but the actual head to head games are in our favour.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
5 could have been 15 . We were piss poor that day. The biggest dissapointment in such a long time. We had waited for so many years to beat those Sarf Londen bar stewards from Smellhurst, we all turned up, just a shame those on the pitch didn't. To cap it all those nice Met Police refused to let us out and made us watch the match... they can be so cruel. They must be related to US Military Police in Iraq.

Then as previously said on this thread we stuffed Palarse at home only for the game to end 0-0. Football can be a cruel game (just ask Swindon), but that is why we keep on going.

Here's to playing Palarse in Div one (oops the Championship) the season after next.

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
Yorkie said:

Our record against you

League
Crystal Palace wins 29
Draws 20
Brighton wins 33

FA Cup
Crystal Palace win 1
Draws 2
Brighton wins 2

Yes I know you have been in a higher division than us in recent history but the actual head to head games are in our favour.

Your facts are correct as you have left out the war years. Factor them in and we're five wins ahead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No_To_Falmer said:
Your facts are correct as you have left out the war years. Factor them in and we're five wins ahead.

Is that the sound of clutching at straws I hear?

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
edna krabappel said:
Is that the sound of clutching at straws I hear?

Well this head to head record has been the subject of much debate on our BBS. As our head B&HAlbino basher 'Celery Stick' says, you can bet your life that if you guys had the better war-time record you'd include it.

It makes quite nice reading as we had a 10-0 and a 10-1 win over you in the forties.

But, yes, straws have been clutched.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we lost 14-0 or something like that at Norwich during wartime football, after having to borrow some of their players to field a side too.

So no, we never include the war in any calculations!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No_To_Falmer said:
For fucks sake, if you just count the '60 to the '80s and only games played in Sussex plus discount any game where the scorer was called Brush or Wright and all games where the year wasn't 2002 and obviously excluding full members cup matches because they were nothing more than friendlies then I think you'll find we're 17 ahead of you - so up yours Nigel. :salute:

Last edited:

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
Simster said:
For fucks sake, if you just count the '60 to the '80s and only games played in Sussex plus discount any game where the scorer was called Brush or Wright and all games where the year wasn't 2002 and obviously excluding full members cup matches because they were nothing more than friendlies then I think you'll find we're 17 ahead of you - so up yours Nigel. :salute:

Fair enough Dimster, but in your lovely bit of sarcasm you are subtracting games. All I'm doing is simply including all games between the two clubs.

Bigger picture and all that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No_To_Falmer said:
Fair enough Dimster, but in your lovely bit of sarcasm you are subtracting games. All I'm doing is simply including all games between the two clubs.

Bigger picture and all that.
Yes, including games played by the pub team walking wounded. :rolleyes:

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
Simster said:
Yes, including games played by the pub team walking wounded. :rolleyes:

If that was all BHA could scrape together then - Aw diddums!

Shankly, Matthews, Compton, Cullis and Busby all played wartime football and were all in the armed forces.

Having said all that I do think it's a poor show on Palace that we can't say we have a better 'official' record over a club like yours. Especially looking at the league ranking dominance we've enjoyed.

You win.

REDNBLUEARMY

Jan 28, 2004
how the f**k you lot managed to win an award for best fans is beyond me enjoy yet 1 more season in the 1st div because after that you wont have another chance of getting that high up in the league again :angry: :censored:

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Well if you have a username like that what do you expect you tosser, a welcome with open arms, you are a Palace fan on a Brighton web site with a antagonistic username, piss off you idiot.

Hold it this is a wind up right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here