Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statue Outside The Amex

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The burger van geezer from Falmer Station!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Warren Aspinall.

With his name spelt with 3 or 4 spelling mistakes on the plaque accompanying said statue.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
did someone say statue??

tedbatesstatue.jpg

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Alan Mullery - sticking two fingers up!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the same box as goal music for me, not necessary, DK apart not sure that anyone else is worth a statue, hell Wardy is a United fan :rolleyes:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Are you lot f***ing stupid or something?

VICENTE (in solid gold, with 5 Derby players shitting their pants in front of him)

End of discussion.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Said it before: there should be a statue of ordinary fans celebrating, to recognise that fans kept the club going ('fans' include Tony Bloom and Dick Knight, and supporters of other clubs).

It should be at ground level (or, perhaps, with a few steps up to it), and positioned well, so the stadium is in background.

One fan should be small-ish and with arms raised, so home/away fans can slip on a shirt and scarf.

In other words, perfect for a photo opportunity.

Would be great if fans posted pics on forums and social media every home game.

Last edited:

Duncan Muir

Dec 29, 2008
Laughton, East Sussex
There have been some outstanding individuals who have helped the Albion,Dick Knight,Tony Bloom etc. but maybe a generic statue of Albion fans who kept the club alive and campaigned for many long years to help win the struggle for the Amex.Power to the People!

They have a generic statue at the new Sunderland stadium ... Man, woman and child with hats ,scarves etc ... this (with Wardy?!) would be a great show of respect for our fans past, present and future ...

LE19

Well seeing as you're only a semi-old fucker, you won't have been around for Tommy Cook, just as I wasn't around for Ward!

The point is a statue will be there for 100 years... It would be a little bit embarrassing, considering the players we are going to have in the future, to have a player who was capped just once for England with a fairly average goalscoring record & that never even won a trophy with us - regardless of how exciting he was at the time :)

Yeah, that Ward was really crap, and he's never bothered with us since.

Anyway, even if Vicente is a "better" player, he'll never have the same long-term association with us; unlikely any future superstars will either.

Not sure what Cook's cricket and war service have to do with the Albion?

Personally, I'd go for the "fan" statue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here