Statue Outside The Amex

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
FULHAM-MICHAEL-JACKSON-STATUE.jpg

This, but with Shakin' Stevens.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
This may be controversial , but I don't think Peter Ward deserves a statue. He is the best player we've had in recent time but I'm sure he will be surpassed in the next few years. Tommy Cook has to be the most deserving - top ever scorer, cricket star for Sussex and fought in two world wars... but as he wasn't around during the age of television, most people wouldn't have a clue who he is or why he's there.

For me it has to be DK, regardless of the fact he has the bar, purely because without him not only would there be no Falmer Stadium, there probably wouldn't be a BHAFC football club - not to mention the fact he was here during the most successful period in our history against all odds.

Judging by some of your posts MK, you're about 20 tops? How the f*** can you say Wardy does or doesn't deserve anything? You wasn't even a sperm in your Dad's sack when he played for us. Go with your own generation ffs, make your case for your lifetime, not all of the semi-old fuckers like me :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For a start, the stadium itself is a monument to the collective will and feverish tenacity of the fans. Therefore, I don't think that, if there is a statue, it should represent one person. Or even two people.

However, if a statue were to be commissioned, I'd prefer an abstract piece of art - something that's (adopts Dick Knight squint) 'so very Brighton'.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So many candidates...

Mike Bamber & Alan Mullery for taking us to Div 1

Jimmy Melia for our first cup final

Tony Bloom for our wonderful stadium

Dick knight for saving us off the pitch

Steve gritt for saving us on it

Wardy and Bobby for scoring goals

Charlie Webb for building our club

But no Archer, Stanley or Belotti for nearly destroying us.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Well seeing as you're only a semi-old fucker, you won't have been around for Tommy Cook, just as I wasn't around for Ward!

The point is a statue will be there for 100 years... It would be a little bit embarrassing, considering the players we are going to have in the future, to have a player who was capped just once for England with a fairly average goalscoring record & that never even won a trophy with us - regardless of how exciting he was at the time :)

But I'm not making a case for Tommy Cook am I? I will leave that to the totally old fuckers, like my old man. If we're going down the 'caps for country route' lets have a statue of Vicente? Now if you suggested that, I would be in full agreement with you :) Chill out mate, you've got time on your side, enjoy this era, this is a fantastic time to support our magnificent club. I'm currently in the process of installing the ethos into the juniors, working with one, not with the other :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So many candidates...

Mike Bamber & Alan Mullery for taking us to Div 1

Jimmy Melia for our first cup final

Tony Bloom for our wonderful stadium

Dick knight for saving us off the pitch

Steve gritt for saving us on it

Wardy and Bobby for scoring goals

Charlie Webb for building our club

But no Archer, Stanley or Belotti for nearly destroying us.

No John Jackson? No Major Carlo Campbell?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Fantastic times indeed. I must admit I am a little bit jealous of your generation having experienced the top division & the likes of Ward, Lawrenson etc and of course the cup final - but deep down I know that with the potential the club now has, we could surpass all of those achievements in the future and then some! Who knows, maybe another cup final...? a spell in Europe? The sky is the limit

Don't be jealous MK, the best times are yet to come. Yes, I'm very proud to say I've seen Wardy, Case, Corrigan, Lawrenson, Worthington et all, wear our famous colours. I'm also equally proud to say I've seen Vicente, Bridge, Koooooshaaakk, Bruno, Bridcut et all, wear our famous colours in a stadium that I had never dreamed of. I have no doubt that under TK, a true fan with money, that the best years of our club are about to come to fruition. Us old fucks have our Goldstone & Wembley memories, you youngsters have got the massive future to look forward to :) Who knows, maybe one day, young and old will be meeting up in some obscure f***ed up country in the pre lims of European Competition? Enjoy the ride mate :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The case for Charlie Webb:

Charlie Webb was associated with the club for almost 40 years, from 1908 to 1947. Before WWI he played 275 games over seven seasons as an outstanding inside forward, scoring 79 goals, including the winner in the Charity Shield victory that made Albion unofficial 'Champions of England'. Selected for Ireland, he was also the first Albion player to win full international caps. After getting captured by the Germans during the war and spending eight months in a PoW camp, he returned to manage the club for 28 years - making him by far the club's longest serving manager. In total, he was in charge for 1,215 matches, earning him the nickname of 'Mr Albion'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here