Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statement of intent from Palace

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Seemed a good player whenever I'd seen him, and there is a thread or two on here saying that he'd make a very good signing for a Championship club.

I'm not sure how much to read into a 200k bid. Obviously, everyone starts off low. Bournemouth fans supposedly "in the know" say that we're his proffered destination as he wants first team football that he wouldn't get at Liverpool, Fulham etc. I mean, it's obvious there's not a shortage of money at Palace, we've spent over £1m already (not as much as some, but £1m more than most!)

This signing is exactly what CPFC2010 said we're looking to do with the club. Pay moderate fees for good young players, enjoy them for a few years and then sell on at a profit. I can see us paying up to 500/600k for him, but not too much more. He's shown a lot of potential, scoring 8 in 23 or something, but it's still a risk.

Although, if the rumours are true and Leicester are opening the bidding for Clyne at £3m, we could have some more money to play with. They opened the bidding for Matt Mills at the same price, we all know how that turned out, and Clyne is twice the player Mills is. His potential is certainly far greater.

It means that we could well add £5m or so to the transfer fund (we've spent/agreed fee's of over £1m already) and let you boys know that you're not the only ones with millions floating around :p

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not sure how much to read into a 200k bid. Obviously, everyone starts off low. Bournemouth fans supposedly "in the know" say that we're his proffered destination as he wants first team football that he wouldn't get at Liverpool, Fulham etc. I mean, it's obvious there's not a shortage of money at Palace, we've spent over £1m already (not as much as some, but £1m more than most!)

What is this new word? or is it pikey speak?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With no bids for Ambrose on the table according to Freedman will Palace snap our hands off with a £1M take it or leave it offer ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tell you what a statement is-Let Murray go and get Hoskins & Smith instead.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
With no bids for Ambrose on the table according to Freedman will Palace snap our hands off with a £1M take it or leave it offer ?

Bless. :)

I'll bite anyway. We'll snap your hands off for a £3m take it or leave it offer. Otherwise, you can purchase one of his boots for a smaller fee and lodge in the depths of your bowels.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And I was beginning to think this Palarse supporter was such a nice boy too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What is this new word? or is it pikey speak?

proffer is a noun or verb which would never be used by a pikey unless they had a dictionary nicked from the local public library or who has just watched a historical drama on BBC1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here