Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statement from Orient re: Olympic Stadium

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good on Hearn threatening to take it to court and if nothing else holding everything up for a few years. They have tried to get the public attention but the media have either not been interested or have just chosen to ignore them. Let the original plans happen to the stadium and keep Spurs and West Ham at their current stadiums

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What a load of old shit!

It's not like West Ham is moving in from the arse end of Essex they are already only a couple of stops away on the tube and don't sell out so if people want to go and watch West Ham they will do so already. Young lad that works for me is West Ham and he is always going when it's cheap tickets, in fact I went with him last year and I think it cost me £20 so Hearne's arguments are bollocks.

Hearne is very clever in how he manipulates the media to get column inches/TV slots for his glorified snooker club but the fact of the matter is no one really cares. I'm guessing as we haven't produced half and half scarves and deemed next Tuesday fans united day that even their own fans don't.

Claiming it will be the death of Leyton Orient is about as ridiculous as our lot claiming it was of national importance that we got Falmer.

Shut Up Roper

Mar 11, 2009
RE "A drive from Brisbane Road to the Olympic site is 3.6 miles and would take 12 minutes".

The edge of the Olympic park is about a quarter of a mile from our ground and the stadium itself is 1.1 miles away, or more importantly, two minutes and one tube stop away.

When we found out that the legacy 25,000 stadium would retain the running track we took our hat out of the ring, expecting it to go to a rugby club, like Saracens, because after all what would Wet Sham or Spurs want with such a small ground, unsuited to football? The whole issue has been around the change to the legacy.

Barry H£arn has always had his eye on the hockey stadium anyway, as it is suited for football, but if Wet Sham get it, we know that heavily discounted ticket will be available, just to try to fill the damn place, and this will kill us!

While we have always had our issues around the 4 -4 we stood by you as fans over the whole “Archer” thing, as any smaller club knew it could be us next!

I read on the bastion of truth that is 606 that some Orient fans seem to believe that this is just Hearn laying the groundwork for moving the club out of Leyton altogether and into Essex. I would have thought that the majority of Orient's fanbase are from north of Brisbane Road, rather than south (which is nearer West Ham), in which case surely the impact is going to be fairly neglible?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
at first i would agree with those that have sympathy and think they have a good point.

but i dont. as far as i can see they've made no effort to campaign either bid or sumbit their own. they didnt even to try hard, just take the "back up plan" the legacy committe have, 25k capacity mixed use stadium, and put themselves in the mixed use. i recal they did suggest this back when the issue of who would use it after the olympics was first ventured. i really dont know why they didnt follow it up. maybe they've assumed they would get it by default, but even then they've made no protest in the past few weeks as the others steped up their campaigns. even Palace has had more to say on the matter ffs.

And what if they either didn't want to move to it or don't have the money for the move ? I'm on Orients side with this one. It's the thin end - the Premiership should stop treating the league clubs as if they don't exist.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good on Hearn threatening to take it to court and if nothing else holding everything up for a few years.

i confidently predict that which ever of the choices is approved, the other will be taking it to court. probably both in court if they chose the fall back option.

When we found out that the legacy 25,000 stadium would retain the running track we took our hat out of the ring,[...]
Barry H£arn has always had his eye on the hockey stadium anyway, as it is suited for football,..

well there we have it: Barry wasn't interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here