Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Start spreading the news...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
....Rotherham's new place is going to be called the New York Stadium.

So crap they only named it once?

RUFC.jpg

I'm being mean of course. They of all clubs know what it's like to groundshare at a crappy athletics track, albeit in their case one a fair bit closer than Gillingham was to Brighton, and a stadium that at least was fit for purpose, as opposed to cobbled together for the football.

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Is that officially going to be its name though? Won't it get named after a sponsor?

Our stadium was known as Falmer all the while it was being built, lest we forget

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've said it may still have a sponsor, but will continue to have the New York bit about it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Looks quite nice, but a capacity of 12,000 (for £20m) isn't exactly the largest around.

rothbiz%2Brotherham%2Bunited%2Bcommunity%2Bstadium3.jpg

article-2076163-0F39CE7100000578-779_468x342.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only 12,000? I like the stadium design though, looks quite nice. One of the few grounds whose name will be vastly improved by being named by a Sponsor though...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
They do lose a few fans each year to both Sheffield clubs or so I'm told. My brother in law lives in Catcliffe (about a mile away from the ground) and he reckons that they will struggle to sell out even a small stadium.
Have to agree about the name though, it does sound a bit naff.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looks quite nice, but a capacity of 12,000 (for £20m) isn't exactly the largest around.

rothbiz%2Brotherham%2Bunited%2Bcommunity%2Bstadium3.jpg

article-2076163-0F39CE7100000578-779_468x342.jpg

I think that looks fine and 12,000 would suggest it is built for purpose. It's going to be a 'wonky' ground like ours! All the rage now, we're such fashion icons.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
....Rotherham's new place is going to be called the New York Stadium.

So crap they only named it once?

RUFC.jpg

I'm being mean of course. They of all clubs know what it's like to groundshare at a crappy athletics track, albeit in their case one a fair bit closer than Gillingham was to Brighton, and a stadium that at least was fit for purpose, as opposed to cobbled together for the football.

Spookily drove past it this afternoon on a business day trip from Kent. Its a lot more advanced than that now, and looks as though its going to be half decent.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Good luck to them. Reminds me of when the Amex was in its first stages. What a great feeling.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
They of all clubs know what it's like to groundshare at a crappy athletics track, albeit in their case one a fair bit closer than Gillingham was to Brighton, and a stadium that at least was fit for purpose, as opposed to cobbled together for the football.

Being pedantic, we didn't groundshare at a crappy athletics track at Gillingham.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"Start spreading the news..." must ring out of the tannoy come the final whistle of the last game at the Don Valley.

Subways instead of burger/pie kiosks. Manhattans instead of the local ale.

If we were to be named after a city, I'd quite like to be called Havana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here