Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Start For Hoskins?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would have thought Hoskins is sufficiently short of match practise that we need to ease him in via a couple of substitute appearances. I'd be surprised to see him starting on Saturday.

Vicente in for Harley would seem more likely.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Poyet has said that he doesn't put players (referring to Cook in this case) on the bench if they are not ready as they may end up playing 85 minutes. I realise Vicente is a bit of an anomaly to this but if what Gus says is true, then Hoskins is ready.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would like to see Hoskins start as well.

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Cook Painter
Noone Bridcutt Navarro Vincente
CMS Hoskins
Is he likely to make FOUR changes though? Cook is a forced change. Dropping Barnes is harsh, he's our top scorer and has played well all season. One poor game (played out of position) doesn't mean he should be dropped.

And a player I would like to see dropped ahead of Dicker is Painter. Painter was all at sea against Zaha in the second half. Can Vincelot play left back?

Oh and it's Vicente, not Vincente!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Is he likely to make FOUR changes though? Cook is a forced change. Dropping Barnes is harsh, he's our top scorer and has played well all season. One poor game (played out of position) doesn't mean he should be dropped.

And a player I would like to see dropped ahead of Dicker is Painter. Painter was all at sea against Zaha in the second half. Can Vincelot play left back?

Oh and it's Vicente, not Vincente!

I am undecided about Painter or Vincelot left back. Have sided with keeping Painter because he is left footed and it keeps it balanced. Vincelot apparently told Gus in the summer that his preferred position is centre back and not full back.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Need to sure up midfield, Dicker Out, Navarro In please. And If Vicente is fit enough, him in for Harley. As for Hoskins, not sure if he's fit but if he is I'd personally get him into the team asap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am undecided about Painter or Vincelot left back. Have sided with keeping Painter because he is left footed and it keeps it balanced. Vincelot apparently told Gus in the summer that his preferred position is centre back and not full back.

Where did that come from Vincelot has never played at centre back for any team regularly for most he has been the defensive midfielder or full back. I would like to see him alongside of Bridcut anywhere just as long as we can keep Navarro and Sparrow away from the first team squad as neither are good enough for this division anymore, may have been in the past but not now, or quick enough. Sparrow can tackle but gives away a lot of free kicks Navarro is too slow to get a tackle in and his only contribution is 1 pass per game that he gets right. but he gives the ball away alot eg v s Blackpool when Philips scored their 2nd goal he stood 5 yds off watching instead of closing him down or trying to. I am fairly certain it was Navarro on the 2nd ball from the centre but may be wrong.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here