Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks, Cafe Nero's etc

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must put something in the coffee's to get people addicted. Everyday I que with my mate like a ritual for him to get a latte. Always grief in the que , takes ages and is generally a shite experience.
Decided today I would see what the fuss was about and had a Latte costing £2.00 !!!! Can now advise that whilst it tasted ok it was nothing special what so ever, Just can't see peoples obsession with it.

Place winds me up !

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
All the trendies and hip brigade who get the weirdset choccy-doo-dah with a twist of you lemon, cos I LOVE coffee so much.

Then why do you drink it from a plastic cup you bunch of f***ing divs!!??:rant:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Certainly not obsessed by them but as a treat every now and then a cinamon latte is great.

Edit : not from Starbucks as they are evil (apparently) and even if they weren't they don't do cinamon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
each to his own.

Every morning in Town, Pret a Mange Skinny cappucino £1.89, or Nero Skinny latte £1.80.

Sets you up for the day.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're so bloody expensive.

I get my morning shot of caffeine from the local caff -it's absolutely delicious, far nicer than Starmuck and a large one costs just a quid. Even if you drink just one a day, going to the big chains costs you nearly £20 extra a month.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They're so bloody expensive.

I get my morning shot of caffeine from the local caff -it's absolutely delicious, far nicer than Starmuck and a large one costs just a quid. Even if you drink just one a day, going to the big chains costs you nearly £20 extra a month.

Agreed. I get my morning coffee on the station from the one over in the forecourt corner by WHSmiths, purely because it's the cheapest (£1.20) on the station.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have a Starbucks next to my office and treat myself to a coffee there once or twice a week. It is a bit overpriced but it's a vast improvement to the naff Nescafe on offer in the office.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Where I am working at the moment, there is a Starbucks coffee wagon in the office... Mocha with extra shot and whipped cream... £1.50.... a daily delight!

Jan 30, 2008
All the trendies and hip brigade who get the weirdset choccy-doo-dah with a twist of you lemon, cos I LOVE coffee so much.

top post of the day......its all about being seen, to many pretentious people talking coffee:tosser:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

:thumbsup:

As Toronto said; a cup, a teabag, and a kettle. At my desk. Not sitting behind a floor-to-ceiling window - look at me, look at me, I am sooooo cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here