Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stanstead airport

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Flying from there next month, any of you good people know best train route from Brighton, cheapest prices and where to book etc, dont think its on southern network. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
its bit of a nightmare i think. you need to get up to london bridge or victoria, then tube to Liverpool Street and the Stansted express from there

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you drive remember to leave a 1/2 hour on the bus from the frigging car park! missed a flight because of that once!, actually, Stannie has ludicrous car park charges, what I jave done before now is park in one of the little villages nearby and walk over to the terminal..I was travelling light mind you so wasn't lugging 12 massive cases like I do when I go on Hols with her indoors.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's a bus from Brighton but it takes 4 hours I think. Best to train it to Victoria, then tube to Tottenham Hale (I think) then train to Stansted.

Or get that nice Mr Obama to give you a lift on his way home

I think most people dont realise just how far from London, London Standsted is, its quite depressing driving their, getting through the dartford tunnel on the M25 and seeing its still 30 miles away

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Stansted Express from Liverpool St. is easily the best way. It's steep (about £22 these days I think) but it's only 45 mins and takes you right to the terminal and is still cheaper than their shockingly badly organised car parks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here