Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I hope so, otherwise I won't get to the game.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I doubt it. The best match ever at Withdean was the Play Off Semi Final against Swindon and that is the only game I've been able to stand up all the way through in G Block - even then it was only the back half that stood and I was lucky to be the row behind the first row of standers so it wasn't like I was blocking everyone elses view.

Hopefully atmosphere will be pretty good, but only compared to the normal Withdean silence.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If EVERYBODY remains standing EVERYBODY can see the action.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
my point was..why do most stand at away games but not at home ??? i mean ur hardly gonna get an atmosphere on sat sitting down are yer now

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I enjoy sitting. That's why I bought a season ticket in the South stand at the Goldstone and I hope supporters around me will respect the rules of the club and do the same on Saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If EVERYBODY remains standing EVERYBODY can see the action.

That is absolute rubbish as more are unable to see if everybody stands up especially if you are short or achild which wouldnt be a consideration when you bought a ticket in an ALL SEATER STADIUM.

It is people who think like that, that cause the problems. Probably the same people who want to sit in their numbered seat away when the styewards have sit annywhere.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i will be standing all game until pestered enough to sit down, then i'll stand right back up again.

i will also be singing my heart out and trying to help the atmosphere.

do H block still stand all game these days??

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
That is absolute rubbish as more are unable to see if everybody stands up especially if you are short or achild which wouldnt be a consideration when you bought a ticket in an ALL SEATER STADIUM.

It is people who think like that, that cause the problems. Probably the same people who want to sit in their numbered seat away when the styewards have sit annywhere.

get yourself a seat in the front row - then let everyone else who wants to enjoy the game and create an atmosphere crack on.......problem solved.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Bristol Rovers...seating for those who want to sit, terraces for those who want to stand...how novel! wonder if other clubs could introduce this?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
So what about the person sitting behind you who's view your blocking ?

i think they'll all be in the northstand.

everybody has their place.

football is about standing, jumping, singing and generally getting involved.

thse who want to sit should go to a stand where thats the norm....or to the library.
:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here