Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the North Stand

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So why didn't they do it at the Birmingham, Middlesborough and Ipswich games

Dunno mate.

Seems to depend a bit on which stewards you have in your particular area, as where I sit (or stand) I have noticed that some stewards are a bit more gung ho than others.

Just bring back terracing and all will be sorted. Stand in the north, sit everywhere else. Pay your money and take your choice.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
He has answered my question for me Camel
Can I ask you where your seat in The Amex is please ?

Haven't got a seat.

I live in the North East of England and go to away games more than home games.

I prefer to actually watch the game, that's why I choose to sit in home areas on the side of the pitch, rather than cramped up behind the goal with loads of people who are standing up.

I can't celebrate a goal, but that's no hardship, I'm an adult and I can control my emotions and I accept that in order to actually have a good view of the game.

As for his answer, I accept at key moments people stand up. I stand up. That is passion.

Standing up when he ball is being passed around in midfield is not passion, it's selfish and inconsiderate to people behind you who want to sit down and watch.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Very true and it's a shame really, think english football is really missing that special buzz in the atmosphere you rarely see week-in-week-out.

Politics and football should never ever meet! It's horrific, let the FA sort it out ( :facepalm: ).

It's clear that there is no "Health and Safety" hazard about standing up in football games. The only downside is that your legs bloody hurt the next day holding your weight. What's wrong with standing up? It's not anti-social. It gets the crowd going and, most importantly, everyone enjoys the game without someone telling them to sit down.

I know there are some people that don't like this concept as their little ones won't be able to see/enjoy the game so maybe we get areas where you have to sit down (family stand)? That way we can still develop a brilliant atmosphere!

The 2 lads near us in the North , stand on there seats problem solved

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
[[Albion]] Standing in the North Stand

I'm happy but I sit in the second to back.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
What makes the last 4 rows back so f***ing special though?? We all pay the same price, so surely the same rights should be given in terms of standing? Either we all stand or we all sit.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I prefer to stand, but if asked by anybody I would sit.

What I have noticed in the North Stand is that people have swopped their seats so they can enjoy the atmosphere, and still be in the part of the ground they wish to be.

And thank you for calling me a moron, or words to that effect. I await an apology.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I am in row Q right behind the goal and have never sat on my seat yet during a game at the Amex, really hope it stays that way too. Surely anyone buying a ticket near the back of the North Stand realises that they may have to stand, if they'd rather sit then there's plenty of other areas of the ground to choose.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I am in row Q right behind the goal and have never sat on my seat yet during a game at the Amex, really hope it stays that way too. Surely anyone buying a ticket near the back of the North Stand realises that they may have to stand, if they'd rather sit then there's plenty of other areas of the ground to choose.

You don`t seem the type to be waving shiny pink pom poms in the air

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
What makes the last 4 rows back so f***ing special though?? We all pay the same price, so surely the same rights should be given in terms of standing? Either we all stand or we all sit.

The difference is that the back 4 rows were sold as standing areas. Just because they are in the same stand, totally different rules apply. There was a massive rush for the back 4 rows and they were the first sold out if I remember rightly. It's unfortunate for all the people that cant stand if they want to but all you can do is put yourself on the waiting list for a seat near the back. It's would be a bit selfish to want everybody else to miss out just because you didn't get what you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here