Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the North Stand

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
When we purchased our Season tickets two years ago we were told the stewarding would be a lot more lenient in the North Stand toward people standing during the game.
I wasn't there last night but it seems people are getting ejected for standing these days.
It's a passionate game and emotions run high at times in any stand but that is the point of people going in the North Stand. If we are going to be thrown out for showing passion then it's a sad day for this club

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
from the last 7 rows only we were told.

I posted last night that Harry Potter corrected some stewards after I had sooken to them after they told us to sit down near the back.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
How is standing up at football match "showing passion"?

It's inconsiderate and selfish when people do it all the time.

At key moments, fair enough, but anyone who is standing up for more than about 5 minutes out of the 90 should be ejected imo.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

At key moments, fair enough, but anyone who is standing up for more than about 5 minutes out of the 90 should be ejected imo.

I take you don't follow Albion away then ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I prefer standing but if the people behind me aren't standing then I don't bother

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
from the last 7 rows only we were told.

I posted last night that Harry Potter corrected some stewards after I had sooken to them after they told us to sit down near the back.

It was actually the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand. I'm 5 from the back and have never actually been asked to sit but I've noticed recently a much more concerted effort from the stewards to get people
in front of me to sit down.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I take you don't follow Albion away then ?

I tend to sit in the home areas for away matches, except for sold out games when I'm forced to sit in the away end.

Don't like watching football matches behind the goals.

You didn't answer my question.

How is standing up "showing passion"?

You can sing and chant perfectly well sitting down.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

I agree, standing up at football matches is anti social and worse than racism, thankfully we now have the ability to sort this situation out now...........find out where the bigots are sitting and text 07880 196442..............mention that they were making monkey chants too and they wont see the inside of a football ground for the rest of their life.

Standing scum, off our seats!

I agree, standing up at football matches is anti social and worse than racism, thankfully we now have the ability to sort this situation out now...........find out where the bigots are sitting and text 07880 196442..............mention that they were making monkey chants too and they wont see the inside of a football ground for the rest of their life.

Standing scum, off our seats!

...erm

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I tend to sit in the home areas for away matches, except for sold out games when I'm forced to sit in the away end.

Just not in the home ends hey!!!!!!:nono:

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
If I have kids or old people behind me, as believe it or not they too go in the North Stand then i'll sit. if its boy band look a likes then i'll stand...........

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Why can't the North Stand just be the stand where we stand throughout the game. I really don't see the problem. If some of the biggest clubs in europe are able to do something like this standing up:

Borussia-Dortmund-support-006.jpg

Then why the hell can't we!?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always find it lame when those standing being asked to sit point at other people who aren't sitting, as if other people being a bit turdish excuse them to be. Where i am in the North there's a small lady in front of me and she always has to be on her feet thanks to a small troop of macho turnips about 5 rows ahead who refuse to sit for most of the time. I go along with the inconsiderate motif there and it being done by those who'll fight their corner to the last. They seem the sort who'll say HARD CHEESE to anyone obstructed or YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THAT SEAT SHOULD YOU. I don't like them.
Sometimes you can't help but leap from your seat and sometimes a chant here or there has you jumping around, but there's no reason that anyone in one seat should really have the meanspiritedness inside them to feign insult in having to do something for another fan. We're there together, innit, and altogether should try and make it a decent night of views and good spirit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So you sit in the home ends at away matches and sing and chant - for the home team or the away team

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was actually the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand. I'm 5 from the back and have never actually been asked to sit but I've noticed recently a much more concerted effort from the stewards to get people
in front of me to sit down.

When we get to the Premier League that privilege will be withdrawn :wink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem is the inconsistency - Leeds the whole NS was allowed to stand for the whole game - Peterborough most of the NS were already sitting (the first 10-18 rows anyway) but the rest had to sit as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

no you can't, nothing like as loudly or clearly. You don't see many choirs or singers sat down do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here