Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing at the back of H Block (to wind the Stewards up?)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The problem I have is the complete lack of consistency.

There are many grounds now (including in the Premiership) where whole sections of people stand THROUGHOUT the game, without being made to sit down.

Stewards a tthese grounds have given up, and it is now accepted that if you have a ticket in these areas you will be standing all game.

Areas like this exist at Man Utd, man City, (despite the threats of the council to have areas shut down) Sunderland, Coventry, West Brom amongst others.

IMO standing in the back row does not cause a problem.

One of the problems I think is the Albion management are trying to be whiter than white. If you think, the council have been good to us bringing us back to Brighton and giving us the land for Falmer, but the downside is very draconian rules:

All seater Stadium
No tickets on sale at the gate
No parking around the ground
No noisy PA's
hardly any music played ( especially on a night)
Over Zealous stewarding
Treated as a leper if you dont use the P&R or public transport

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

There are many grounds now (including in the Premiership) where whole sections of people stand THROUGHOUT the game, without being made to sit down.

Stewards a tthese grounds have given up, and it is now accepted that if you have a ticket in these areas you will be standing all game.

Areas like this exist at Man Utd, man City, (despite the threats of the council to have areas shut down) Sunderland, Coventry, West Brom amongst others.

I would guess some of this comes down to how stringently the local council police it. They issue the safety certificates for stands and ground and I know Trafford Council have in the past threatened Man U with closing parts of Old Trafford due to sections of the crowd standing during games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you really think our stewards are over zealous?

I definately dont

Not all of them....but I think the young lad suggesting that people sit on their seats "properly" was a bit over zealous

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Insider was not impressed with this particular question and rightly so.

Looked to me a gifted opportunity to side step the question about albion staff standing in the aisles etc. I was looking forward to the response to that :D

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
not a kid and i dont abuse stewards but
if my standing in the back row is a problem.

how come albion staff standing in a passageway,and if you havn't noticed them yet its about 50 of them,illegally in a stand without an allocated seat are not a problem

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
not a kid and i dont abuse stewards but
if my standing in the back row is a problem.

how come albion staff standing in a passageway,and if you havn't noticed them yet its about 50 of them,illegally in a stand without an allocated seat are not a problem

Lets ban em

:rant::rant::rant:

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
or we could make them sit in the rain like i was forced to do on tuesday,i was even told that i had to sit "properly" i explained to the nice lady that i was "hovering,like she does over a strange toilet seat,for much the same reason"

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
or we could make them sit in the rain like i was forced to do on tuesday,i was even told that i had to sit "properly" i explained to the nice lady that i was "hovering,like she does over a strange toilet seat,for much the same reason"

are you by any chance the same person as this?

yes everytime i come to the albion i stand in H block i go to 2/3rds of the home games and dont miss an away game the atmostphere is so much beter when we stand up

i for one do not see what is wrong with it and will carry on standing up ..................... up the Albion

i think possibly

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Nobody forced you to sit in the rain.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
are you by any chance the same person as this?

i think possibly

one name on nsc.one name only

you are right.i could have stayed at home and kept dry.perhaps that is what you did.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one name on nsc.one name only

you are right.i could have stayed at home and kept dry.perhaps that is what you did.

I did

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

I am a very bad fan

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
At the end of the day, it is an all seater stadium. The Hillsborough disaster saw the end of standing, and i'm afraid that's the way it is - whether we like it or not - no matter if you sit at the very front or the very back, them's the rules.

The stewards are at the end of the day just people who are doing their jobs, and i dont think they like you any more than you like them. They get radioed from the police box for standing, and they have to be seen doing something to stop people standing. They are not looking after the north stand, so they can't do anything about it.

Around the press box area, i agree, sometimes it does look cramped, but the press box does extend out to the gangway, purely because there is no space. If you want to stand there - why not get a ticket for the north stand then go and stand there?

But what you are saying is that at some grounds, their stewards have no control, and have lost their ability to enforce FA rules.

Whatever I thought about standing, or any other crowd behaviour - that would not look very good, when the FA come to drop in and see how lil' ol' Withdean Stad is getting along!

As for standing in the back row - I'll say it again; Not a problem until everyone else thinks it's okay, or says "if they stand why can't I?", which they def. will, and then our stewards can join the other clubs whose stewards don't have proper control.

As has since been said - we especially cannot afford to have any crowd anarchy or trouble, and we've come too long a way with a good record. One arrest last season, and I heard we have one of the best crowd records in the league?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Its bollocks that we don't get a choice to stand at "all-seater" stadium, or are allowed to stand outside and have a fag - but we're not and its just another bollocks rule we have to put up with.
I believe that its part of the licence to have games at Withdean that we have to sit down. My mate was stadium manager at Southend and he said they have the same. Its not just the club making up rules to f**k people off.

I don't think the wannabe old bill help one little bit, but tell me where these individuals with a Hi-Viz fettish are any better ?

Everyone who wants to stand.............. should go to Torquay on Saturday.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Firstly its not the LAW that you have to sit down in an all-seater ground. It's just regulation, which could be chaged very easily if the right people wanted.

But what I can't believe is the completely apathetic nature of some people. Most people want to stand, but then do absolutely nothing about it. If everyone that wanted to stand just stood anyway, and/or contacted MP's and cubs about the issue we would be allowed to stand by now.

That's why we're the only country where fans are made to sit down in the world, apathy.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The next question would be if the back row stood, could the row in front of them stand, as they wouldn't block their view if already standing, and then standing up in the row in front of them and so on....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here