Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing at matches (important!)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
and why the f*** can super league rugby have terraces too?

the olden days will never happen again with over-crowding and the hooligan element - for fucks sake a standing area for the loud ones aint gonna be the end of the world....surely??
:angry:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
For us older ones on here,if you think back 15 years ago at The Goldstone and at a good few other grounds,it used to be the norm to run on the pitch at the final whistle,we all used to pile down the front ten minutes from the end of the game ready for the rush!

Look what happens now if you attempted it!!

Football is losing its fun side,and fast!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
at the end of the day, im gonna pay £17 for a coat hanger at the JJB (thats my seat by the way). i dont want to sit down, i wanna sing. so i will. if that means ejection, then thats just stupid.

the idea is we want kids to play to improve the national team, they get inspired by watching their local heros in action at various stadiums (or chelsea on tv as it seems these days). they see something good, so they try it out by pestering their dads to let them play in the local park.

they also have such a good time snging in the ground that they tell their mates. their mate then comes along, they bring their dad, everyone has a good time and everyone is happy. we have another fan and there are more kids that want to play the beautiful game.

without an atmospere, you are about as inspired as a bucket of water in a rain storm. so whats the point in going, there isnt!

so without an atmosphere, there will be less ans to watch, less people to start playing and england will be rubbish at football............ oh wait a minute

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Notters said:
Right... This could be tougher than the Ar****, or even the campaign or even the Falmer one, but surely it's worth a shot. It is important, though, that people realise we're not trying to re-introduce terraces with unlimited capacities, stuffing thousands of people into a small space like at Hillsborough. Carefully planned, there's no reason it can't happen (as in Germany). There is a SAFE standing campaign here, but haven't heard much about it lately.

http://safestanding.com/safe/

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Tom Hark said:
Have to say that only having been to cricket twice, I remain gobsmacked to find that you can take in picnic hampers, duvets, cases of Stella, get pass-outs to the pub etc. and generally treated as a grown-up and valued customer by everybody employed by the club.

Unlike at Withdean where you pay in excess of twenty notes and get treated like a criminal piece of shit.

so very well summed up.

i am looking forward to the cricket tomorrow night much more than brighton's next home game.

blimey you poor dears - you do have it tough.

you should have been a football fan twenty years ago when we were treated like criminals. bunged in cages, membership cards to stop you getting into a ground adminsitered by the government anyone? england fans smash up luxembourg city centre, heysel, everyone frisked by coppers before they got to the turnstile, riots in the town the night before an Albion match, riots during Albion matches (Chelsea, Tottenham, Palace in the 70s)

I do remember the delightful frogmarch by the cops through the centre of Sheffield to ensure that bout 75 Albion fans arrived at Bramhall Lane

mendoza10 said:
i was at home this morning having a shower , singing a long to something on virgin radio.........................
when a bastard of a steward started banging on the bathroom door, telling me that i should have a bath and lie down, instead oh standing in the shower, AND stop singing because it was creating too much noise in the back garden and the birds in the trees couldnt get along with their usual worm catching business:p

but the problem we are seeking to address and overcome is PERSISTENT standing in the shower...................

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
cricket!!
supporters from same team mix in stand
you can drink,
songs, music
you can eat
you can smoke
you can bring in bat, balls, stumps
you can drink
you can go on pitch at half time
the players join in your games at half time
pretty scantily clad women sell raffle tickets
you can drink
you can bring your own drink
you can bring your own food
the universty of sussex womens crcket team go
they can drink
you can stand and cheer (not just at times of excitement)

marvellous scenes

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Storer68 said:
blimey you poor dears - you do have it tough.

you should have been a football fan twenty years ago when we were treated like criminals. bunged in cages, membership cards to stop you getting into a ground adminsitered by the government anyone? england fans smash up luxembourg city centre, heysel, everyone frisked by coppers before they got to the turnstile, riots in the town the night before an Albion match, riots during Albion matches (Chelsea, Tottenham, Palace in the 70s)

I do remember the delightful frogmarch by the cops through the centre of Sheffield to ensure that bout 75 Albion fans arrived at Bramhall Lane

I'd almost go as far as saying none of this is relevant. I'm not saying I want mass riots, I just want to stand up and sing Sussex By the Sea. EVEN if the density of the standing is the same as presents seats (though that would be overdoing it). That SAFE website seems awfully out of date.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
mendoza10 said:
cricket!!
supporters from same team mix in stand
you can drink,
songs, music
you can eat
you can smoke
you can bring in bat, balls, stumps
you can drink
you can go on pitch at half time
the players join in your games at half time
pretty scantily clad women sell raffle tickets
you can drink
you can bring your own drink
you can bring your own food
the universty of sussex womens crcket team go
they can drink
you can stand and cheer (not just at times of excitement)

marvellous scenes

Only problem is... there's supposed to be lots of rain this week!

Notters said:
I'd almost go as far as saying none of this is relevant. I'm not saying I want mass riots, I just want to stand up and sing Sussex By the Sea. EVEN if the density of the standing is the same as presents seats (though that would be overdoing it). That SAFE website seems awfully out of date.

But thats what people will say WILL happen. Look at the anti fn hysteria whipped up by the NIMBY's of Falmer regardless of the facts of the matter.

the fact is that all seater stadia came about because people killed other people inside football gounds. This happened on terraces. this ws not the first time people had died on terraces (Bolton 1946, Ibrox, Heysel, Birmingam) - before it had usually happened as a result of overcrowding (Bolton) or poor stadium design (Ibrox) but in the sixties, seventies and eighties there was far more violence inside grounds as fans found terraces easy places to have protracted fights. As the football authorities, and clubs, seemed incapable of doing anything to stop the problem, eventually the government decided that football had had more than enough opportunity to put its house in order over hooliganism, had singually failed to do so, and in fact encouraged the problem to fester and spread because of their inaction.

So after Heysel and then Hissborough the government decided that this was not going to be allowed to continue. We suffered an avalance of legislation all directed against football supporters who were deemed to be public enemy number1.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Every year that goes by the spark of football gets smaller and to sit down is a shambles and very boring indeed.Now if every supporter stood there ground the fans would win outright.

face it the seats where invented even more now because of crushing i.e hillsborough etc,but face it crushes will never happen at all seater stadiums,so why do we have to sit as surely its your choice being as there is plenty of room.

Atmosphere's have dissapeared big time and the spark is certainly gone and can't see it coming back.You pay a fortune and get told what to do,so face it clubs treat fans like shite,so i'll take my money elswhere 95% of saturdays.:smokin: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here