Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stand names at the amex

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The whole stadium should be called after Dick Knight I think. Or maybe we should just change the whole football club's name to his?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I sometimes wander if those of us who have been around long enough to remember what the albion was like prior to DK taking over, take for granted his contribution. Ok, he wasn't the richest chairman in the world, which makes his and the boards achievements even more incredible before TB took over.

I know some people used to get frustrated about the 'we nearly signed this player' etc but couldn't due to lack of funds, but I suppose there are two ways of looking at this, bullshit or ambition and no money to back it up. I go with the second.

At the end of the day, I do think DK should be honoured in some substantial way at the Amex.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At the end of the day, I do think DK should be honoured in some substantial way at the Amex.

Agreed. Whatever you may have thought of him subsequently, he was the saviour of the club who rescued us from the clutches of Archer and Bellotti. He should be commemorated at the Amex in some way. Let's face it, if it wasn't for him we might not even have a club, let alone a new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here