Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stan collymore

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Collymore's an interesting, passionate, insightful and articulate pundit and always worth listening to. Intelligent footballers are a rare breed and I'd much rather listen to him than most of the other meathead football pundits/thickos doing the rounds.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I quite like Collymore's show. He gets a bit annoying when he shouts down the mic sometimes but he knows his onions when it comes to football and he's worth paying attention to if you want to learn something. He knows about the lower leagues as well.

On talksport when you have an ex pro presenting it usually takes the broadcaster they're paired with to reign them in from talking too much bollocks, danny kelly does a pretty good job with stan.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
collymores talks as it is imo,i liked the guy on talksport

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have no idea if this is why he was sacked. I dunno what else Stan was writing on his Twitter, perhaps things got abusive between him and Ferdinand, perhaps Stan started slagging off Man U and they complained, who knows. It might all be totally unrelated.

One thing I do know is that Talksport are often fairly reticent when it comes to announcing why presenters have been sacked. I remember when Alan Brazil got the bullet for missing one too many breakfast shows after getting absolutely wankered the night before at Cheltenham. Kelvin Mackenzie sacked him, a new presenter was brought in for the breakfast show and slotted in, and not a word of it was mentioned on the station, it was like Brazil had ceased to exist.

They probably sign "confidentiality" pay-off agreements.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Collymore's an interesting, passionate, insightful and articulate pundit and always worth listening to. Intelligent footballers are a rare breed and I'd much rather listen to him than most of the other meathead football pundits/thickos doing the rounds.

Yes but he was trained to be a footballer...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This

Collymore is still on the presenters list on the TalkSport website, which suggests the rumour is bollocks.

When Jon Gaunt was sacked, it was as if he had never existed

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Here's a competition for you:

What have Stanley Victor Collymore and Lord Denis Winston Healey got in common?

Answers pleae before Saturday. If anyone gets it right I will put £10 behind the bar for them at the "Evening Star". Honest.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
They have been the subject of 'ego suspension' books.

No. Denis's book was a hagiography, I have a copy signed by the man himself.
I doubt whether Stan would sign his autobiography off, it's a bit self-destructive.

Any way no-one else bothered to guess so I'm giving ny £10 prize to the "Danny Boy Trust" instead.
Donate to the Trust - The Dannyboy Trust

Oh the answer? Well, both Denis and Stan have been caricatured in "Viz" magazine.

Stan was featured - as Stan Collywobble - along with Robbie Fowler in a Fat Slags comic strip around 1996 when Sharon and ? get a job in a pole dancing club.

Denis had his own strip a little earlier as a fat boy "Denis Helium" who goes around creating unfortunate accidents for other people without getting any blame..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think he's just been on a break.

I wonder if he still wants the Premier League made up exclusively of "traditional" big clubs like Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Wednesday, to the permanent exclusion of the likes of Reading, Hull, Wigan etc.

That was a doozy of a theory, that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here